Author Topic: Rubi's Build up  (Read 14807 times)

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
Re: Rubi's Build up
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2008, 02:38:38 AM »
ok...so yes I originally looked at that article, little did i know that there is a more recent version about not painting.  it is also explained that there are two ways to use the antenna with the CB, one not modifying the inside, one bypassing the coils like reg said.  reg, i need your consultation on this, so i can transmit and not just recieve, we have tried turning the switch.  let me know your thoughts and i might need some help too.
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2008, 03:18:37 AM »
Huh?  What's SINCGAR, Dingo?

SINCGAR is the name of the army's radios
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2008, 03:37:59 AM »
Point goes to Rocket! ;)
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2008, 04:13:01 AM »
ok...so yes I originally looked at that article, little did i know that there is a more recent version about not painting.  it is also explained that there are two ways to use the antenna with the CB, one not modifying the inside, one bypassing the coils like reg said.  reg, i need your consultation on this, so i can transmit and not just recieve, we have tried turning the switch.  let me know your thoughts and i might need some help too.

I hate to say it, but if you spraypainted the antenna that is probally it. I'll play with the antenna tomarrow if you are there.  Brad "gastank" is much more senior in radio things...  Brad??  Brad?..... "Brad is in Italy right now and get zero bars there, so even thugh I've called him like a billion times, he will never get this message" 

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2008, 05:24:41 AM »
the paint wont be hard to get off if need be, it was worth a shot though :-\
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
GASTANK IS HERE.

Ok just from reading really quick, yes spray paint will effect you cb antenna.
there are a couple of thing you can do to up the xmit/rcv power of you ant. But reg has already told you the easiest way.
Matching your VSWR to your antenna is the biggest thing... There are Amplifiers at truckstops and radioshack that will help
I believe boaters world has them also. A quality ant will make a big difference too. I ran firesticks on my ramcharger, which would
reach clear into montville from trident park. Just some ways to help you out.
Good luck!

FYI my cell works great. but it's a different number... pm me for that. and my house number is the same Groton number that I had.
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2008, 12:25:43 AM »
packing up the truck and going to the hobby shop tonight to start on the rubi's suspension. Anyone who can show up would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there again tomorrow morning at 9am (i think thats when they open) until they kick me out.  Scott, any chance i could borrow the welder/grinder? Aparantly MIG is the preference for this type of thing. ;)
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
I'm heading up after lunch for a few hours.  They have a mig at the shop if Scott isn't available.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2008, 06:51:24 AM »
wrenching will continue on tuesday as soon as i can get over there. Axle will be filtering through throughout the day to keep forward progress on the jeep going. Anybody who can help would be appreciated.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2008, 03:15:37 AM »
you working on base?  i've got duty so i could help if yes.
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2008, 03:25:28 AM »
Yup, hobby shop.

I win!

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2008, 04:16:39 AM »
Ok, so today...

Mounted the track bar bracket
Dropped the rear axle and began weld prep work.  Got the right side off and ground smooth and the left is in progress.
Installed the front brake lines at the frame.

New pitman arm went on Saturday, so the steering is set up except for an alignment.
Skid plate is installed, but needs one more bolt installed on the right side.  Just need to tap it and find another bolt.
Should finish the front end tomorrow, except for the the shocks. Hopefully we'll get the axle over to Karns for the welding also.

More work tomorrow.  I'm planning on being there around 11 or 12 for a few hours.  Gary is trying to get special lib, or at least get off at a decent time.  I figure he'll owe the shop around $200 or $250 at this pace.  Any help would be appreciated.

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2008, 05:16:04 PM »
sorry i didn't show; i just now checked the forum.  sorry guys :(

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2008, 03:47:47 AM »
Gary took the axle up to Pete to get the bracket welded on tonight.  Tomorrow he's going to cut off the lower control arm brackets at the frame, as that is really holding us up.  Once he gets that done, it should be smooth sailing until we're finished.  I'd say we'll be there around 1300ish, but I would call one of us first if anyone plans on helping.  Still just been me, gary, and zach.  All week...  ::)

I win!

Offline ct axle

• Trail Passenger
    • ct axle service
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2008, 04:30:13 AM »
Axle , thank you for sending the boys up to see me. i know they were not disappointed in my ability. pete
'yer rear need fixin ?'