Author Topic: Attention Probies!!! Mohawk trails in August!!  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Attention Probies!!! Mohawk trails in August!!
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:36:43 AM »
Mohawk Trails in MA. on August 22, 23, 24. This requires reservations to be made NOW for camping in the Mohawk Family Campground. Directions to the campground are here   If anyone has intentions on going, please PM me. I will ask for $60 to hold a campsite for you. I am planning on sending in $$ this Friday 18 April. These trails can be anywhere from a mild 2-3 on a good dry day to a downright nasty 5 when it gets dark, and the skies open up on you. Recommend at least one locker and 33's for the tough stuff, mild trails can be negotiated with a close to stock rig with finesse and a little expierence behind the wheel.

This is the view from the campsites!!!

Here's some action shots from last fall:

Rocket in stock form on an easier trail

Axle on his maiden voyage..

Here's some tough stuff
One of the Hummer X guys in his brand new 2008 H3

One Eye going up a ledge. The picture doesn't show it very well, its a 4 foot face straight up!

This is probably the best wheeling in the Northeast, if anyone is up in the air on going, just GO!!! You won't be disappointed!
PM Seabee_BUC for details ASAP!!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:27:47 PM by Seabee_BUC »

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
Re: Attention Probies!!! Mohawk trails in August!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »
Is the campsite accessible for trailers? I have a teardrop I can bring to crash in.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
oh, yeah, bring it!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 06:45:26 PM »
You going again rocket?

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
Is the campsite accessible for trailers? I have a teardrop I can bring to crash in.

That's a damn good question...I'll ask today when I speak with her...I'll let you know what the deal is. Do you need elec, water, and sewer or what??? PM me with details ASAP so I can call her

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »
I've got a little generator for the power. It doesn't have tanks or water/sewer connections. It's got a propane stove, if anybody wants to cook. I bring an icechest for the cold/frozen stuff.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
I've got a little generator for the power. It doesn't have tanks or water/sewer connections. It's got a propane stove, if anybody wants to cook. I bring an icechest for the cold/frozen stuff.

So it could go on a tent site if it need to. ok...I'll check into it...might be a bit more $$ if they won't let you put it on the rivver with us tent types...

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »

That's a damn good question...I'll ask today when I speak with her...I'll let you know what the deal is. Do you need elec, water, and sewer or what??? PM me with details ASAP so I can call her

Bayou, She just told me you CAN put your little trailer on a tent site because you don't need any connections. So the price is $60 for the two nights. Can you get $$ to me by Friday? You have a PM too...

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »
Yeah I can get you the $,just let me know where to meet you. Is the campsite easily accessible? The trailers not equipped to handle any crawling type stuff. But it's got a TV & xbox. I have a couple chairs & the tv swings out to the side so if anybody wants to play games or watch movies(or kids that might like to) it'll be available

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
Yeah I can get you the $,just let me know where to meet you. Is the campsite easily accessible? The trailers not equipped to handle any crawling type stuff. But it's got a TV & xbox. I have a couple chairs & the tv swings out to the side so if anybody wants to play games or watch movies(or kids that might like to) it'll be available

Its a normal campground so access is easy. We have two girls we'll be bringing so the TV and XBOX might come in handy in the evenings...Thanks!

Ipe

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »
Here's some tough stuff
One of the Hummer X guys in his brand new 2008 H3

This is probably the best wheeling in the Northeast, if anyone is up in the air on going, just GO!!! You won't be disappointed!
PM Seabee_BUC for details ASAP!!!

Almost! ;)  It was a 06 and had seen its fair share of abuse but sadly is now long gone.  :(

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all well since we saw you last. I found an email from SeeBee_BUC in my in box yesterday and I've got to say its great to hear from you folks. We had a really great time on that run and really enjoyed wheeling with you. I'll let our members know about the run but I'm sure that people will be interested.  ;D

I'll definitely be there if I can!  8)

Thanks for the invite,

Rob

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
Hey Rob! Glad to see you made it to the forum! The 2008 was a typo, sorry. You say its long gone? Meaning you sold it? What did you replace it with? Something to wheel I hope!  ;D  Anyway, glad to hear from you! Take care!

Ipe

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 06:40:30 PM »
Yeah... the H3 had to go. Getting stranded in a bog with two broken tie rods spelled the end of the H3. Wife couldn't deal with it saying "get whatever the H*ll you want just so long as its not this H3!"

Ummm... ok.  :o

So now I'm driving a 2008 JK unlimited rubi.  8)
My 3" lift kit from Poly Performance arrived today and is going on this weekend and I'm adding a RockHard front bumper and gas tank skid. I saved my 35" tires and Staun internal beadlocks from the H3 and mounted those up on some Pro Comp wheels yesterday. Maybe if she doesn't kill me I'll see if I can squeeze in a winch too.  :o :D   I can not wait to get her out on a trail! My goal is to be able to walk that wall on OFR, no questions asked.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 06:54:17 PM »
Glad you saw the light!!!  A JK u-rubi, very nice choice!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!