Author Topic: The new guy  (Read 1701 times)

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
The new guy
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:06:53 AM »
Hello everybody,
  My name is Gary Lynch, I'm 22 years old and in the Navy. I was informed of JT4x4 through a couple of guys I'm in leadership school with. They said that the group did a lot of trips and that if taking my Jeep offroading was something I liked, then you all might be the group for me and to check out the website.
  So a little about me and a little about the truck. I've been in the navy for 3.5 years now and just recently reenlisted. So.. just under 6 to go.. I'm a nuke mechanic. I try to go offroading whenever I get the chance or someone to go with. I'm pretty easy going and enjoy doing just about anything.
  Now the truck. This is my second Jeep. My last one got hit by a security barrier on base when some civilian hit the wrong button and rasied it under me as I was driving over it. Not fun. So after the government paid that one off and then some, I decided to go with a Mustang. I did that for about 7 months and got bored and missed my Jeep. So I recently bought another and am excited to get it back out on the trails. It's a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport currently stock, but has on order (should be arriving this week) a 3" lift kit from Skyjacker with a Steering Stabalizer, 31x10.5x15 Pro Comp All Terrains, and 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic Locks. So I will be eagerly putting that in first chance I get. I also have on order (for 3 - 4 weeks from now) a new rear bumper with tire carrier and Hi-Lift Jack Mount and D ring Mounts from www.custom4x4fabrication.com  Does anybody here know of them? or if their prices are reasonable? It's a little late now on the rear bumper.. but I still plan on a new front bumper and some rock sliders. Ok that's all I have for now. I'll answer just about any questions anyone has for me so feel free to ask.

-Gary
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: The new guy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
welcome to the forum!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum Gary :) Sounds like you are hooking up your rig just the way you wanted it....again lol!

I have to say, the barrier incident must have sucked. I know if that had happened to me, they would have been calling security on me because I would have been flaming lol!

Browse around, read up on old topics, check out the pictures section etc. It'll give you a better view of what this club has been involved with...

Are you interested in membership, or are you just checking out the forum for right now? We have things coming up on the calendar that will give you a chance to meet everyone from the club ;)

Enjoy!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
I was kind of interested in membership. FYI the new standing rule is that if someone raises another barrier, the cops arent coming till you've thoroughly beat their ass. So no worries. You'll be just fine. lol. Oh and, they held a Critique over it. The civilian who did it didnt have to go because they would have had to PAY him time and a half to be there. Am I able to go to this meeting tonight? Or how does this work joining the club? I've printed out all the paperwork that the site said I would need.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »
You are more then welcome to come to the meeting tonight. Anyone is. ;) We are pretty laid back and don't get our panties in a bunch over who can/can not do things in this club. Pretty equal opps lol!

If for some reason tonight doesn't work for you, there is a JT4x4 Cruise Night coming up that we use as a M&G, and there is a trailrun this weekend that we have some probies going on. If you are interested in Membership, go ahead and bring your paperwork.

"Rocket" (our Member in charge of that stuff), can get you going. Probie status requires a meeting, a M&G, and a trail run I believe? 90 day period too I think. LOL....*grins* we'll check into that. It's early, my brain hasn't had coffee yet.

See you there then? And again, welcome to the forum!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

nvrdun

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 02:20:25 PM »
Welcome to the Forum  8)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
Gary, 'Kral4me' is right WRT the membership process.  bring your paperwork tonight and start your probie period right away!  the 3 months may seem like a long time, but it gives us a chance to get to know you, and you to get to know us before officially committing to the club (i.e. paying dues).  See you tonight!  If you have any questions, PM me w/ your phone number and i'll give you a call.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 03:04:42 AM »
welcome gary,

glad to meet you tonight. it's good that you are already intergrating into the club and interested in safe wheeling. and you seem really eager to learn. and having you jeep lifted will be a big difference off road and learn your capabilities as well as you rig. as eager you are to learn, we will help you. post up when your lift get's here asap!!! get P.B. Blaster and start spraying all your bolts for the suspension to come off a lot easier.

can't wait to see you onthe trail.