Author Topic: reverse lights  (Read 3702 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
reverse lights
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:47:01 AM »
I installed my reverse lights this afternoon.  unfortunatly i didn't have time to wire them to the back-up light swithc, so they are currently manually on-off.  weird thing was that they lit up w/o the ground connected   ??? 

it was dark, so the pics didnt' come out well (and i was too tire/lazy to use other settings on the camera)

1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
Re: reverse lights
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »
cool man looks like they are tight to the bumper. hope they last. as long as you dont spear the pavement with your hitch again.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
the reciever hangs lower than the lights ;D
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:28:59 AM »
i know, you'd really have to snowplow the heck outtah them.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 04:32:53 AM »
OBTW, dont' buy these (the $20 autoxone) for the front, they are too weak for driving at hi-way speeds with, IMO.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »
well, it's hard to see the lights driving at highway speeds when they are under the rear bumper. unless you are driving backwards.

IMHO.

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 03:35:49 PM »
OBTW, dont' buy these (the $20 autoxone) for the front, they are too weak for driving at hi-way speeds with, IMO.

my headlights are plenty for highway driving, I would like something to spread light a little wider for off road lights though

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »
wally world or AZ or advanced. they all have the same rectangular lights that i run and when it's foggy out, i run the ones on the bottom and they are awsome. all places sell them for like $20 bucks. the smaller circular ones on on the light bar are really bright and iluminate pretty much everything in front of you $16. the center circular ones $20 are good for additional driving/projection.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »
well, it's hard to see the lights driving at highway speeds when they are under the rear bumper. unless you are driving backwards.

IMHO.

what wrong w/ driving backwards?

anyway, they seem too dim for front fogs IMO

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
here, this may help:

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »
dang NMCI.  w/ most of us using NMCI, maybe we should move away from photobucket

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »
thats what i was thinking. but how do the work when backing up? or do they help with hitch operations at night?

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »
they do work for backing up; my drivewas is lit pretty well with them.  havn't tried to hitch up using them, but they would help a bit.  they are good for what i use them for.

Offline Doball

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 01:29:32 AM »
wally world or AZ or advanced. they all have the same rectangular lights that i run and when it's foggy out, i run the ones on the bottom and they are awsome. all places sell them for like $20 bucks. the smaller circular ones on on the light bar are really bright and iluminate pretty much everything in front of you $16. the center circular ones $20 are good for additional driving/projection.

Just don't forget, CT law prohibits the use of more than 4 forward facing lights at once.

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »

Just don't forget, CT law prohibits the use of more than 4 forward facing lights at once.

you know at the risk of offending someone, that seems like a good thing. I drive at night with low beams only unless there isn't another car in sight and the only time I have trouble seeing is right after someone shines his high beams and or "fog lights" at me