Author Topic: Bill's 1 Ton TJ Build  (Read 42571 times)

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: Bill's 1 Ton TJ Build
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2012, 02:41:51 AM »
You better let me no when your going to take it out for the first trail run cuz I have to see this :o
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »

I started out keeping a record, but stopped after a while.  I've got a lot in it I know that.  I was able to do a lot of it cheaper then most would think though.  If you are patient, you can find some crazy deals on pirate, ect.  You just have to keep an eye out.  Good used and second hand new never installed parts are easy to come by on there at a fraction of the price.
[/quote

on certain things i wont do that but i have found certain things that i'd like to pick up as i go. i found a hard top, bikini top, and 4 full doors for $280 off a guy that lived about an hour away ;D just typed out my own receipt on the computer and added it to the folder. my LJ had roughly 9K into it and i expect to put just as much into this so i figure i'll save the receipts and cry after it's done  :'(
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2012, 06:43:05 AM »
Well, its official.  The supercharger is gone and my Jeep now has a stock 4.0 in it.  However, I think I made a good trade:

04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline 11b102nd

• Paid Members
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »
That thing looks rediculously awesome! Let me know if you are still looking for 4 liter parts, I don't know if the Cherokee parts are the same as the TJ parts you are looking for.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »
HOLLY CRAP :o. Thats one sexy engine. Your going to need thoes big ass brakes to stop that jeep now.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
HOLLY CRAP :o. Thats one sexy engine.

x2
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
you can't put a red engine in a green jeep it will look like a christmas tree send it to me i will treat it right
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »
HOLLY CRAP :o. Thats one sexy engine.

x2

x a million  That engine looks great.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »
Ok, so away from the engine and back to the current work at hand.

So, here is the basic run down.  Trying to flex this thing to make sure everything clears.  This is how far I've gotten so far.  Trying to get creative and not kill myself.  The good:  Everything clears so far, it has a ton of flex (so much I couldn't get it fully flexed).  The bad:  Because it has so much flex I maxed out the hoist and couldn't keep going.  Basically, I didn't really accomplish much.  Yes, everything clears right now, but there is still a lot of flex left in it.  Going to get (more) creative to see if I can get more out of the lift.  I'm thinking I will have to get it out of the garage as well to make this happen.

Anyways, I didn't get pictures of anything else yet, but the rear drive shaft is in, the front drive shaft is shortened and ready to install, and hood is sudo cut but will need more cut off.  I cut it enough to get it closed, but I still need to finish it off so it all lines up.

Hit a minor hiccup though.  I ordered a 1310/1350 conversion joint for the front shaft, but the yoke on the axle is a 1330 yoke.  Going to have to get myself a 1310/1330 conversion joint so I can install the front shaft.

So, whats left?  Brake lines, fuel lines, Evap install, lights, front drive shaft install, putting everything in the engine bay together, and lots of paint.  Going to make an attempt to get a lot done on this over the next week or so.  I need another good weekend so I can pull all the body stuff off and paint it all at the same time.  Should be on the trail soon I hope, but we will see.  My schedule is always changing, so I am defiantly not trying to make any predictions on when it'll be done.

Oh, and before you say it Nate... Yes, I need bigger tires.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:45:15 AM by Bill3753 »

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:36 AM »
i got a question for you bill why did you go with the e-locker over ox or an arb for a front locker
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2012, 03:40:14 AM »
i got a question for you bill why did you go with the e-locker over ox or an arb for a front locker

All three are great options.  I choose the E-Locker because it was on sale at the time and it doesn't require an additional kit like the other two options do to control it.  As shipped, it came with all the wires, switches, and a relay for a complete install.  Sometimes, ARB will run a deal for a free pump with purchase and I'm sure OX does the same.  To me, the Eaton set up was the best for my application, ease of installation, and price.

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2012, 04:37:02 AM »
Jeep is slowly coming along. Sorry I haven't been around much everyone.  Just been busy with work and everything else in life.  I believe some people have been trying to get a hold of me.  If you're one of them, text or call me back.  Things have settled down a bit now and I'll be around more.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:39:11 AM by Bill3753 »

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2013, 04:21:52 AM »
Still as busy as ever, if not more.  I'm seriously trying to get thing thing done, but its tough with my schedule.  Getting in the garage here and there, but nothing steady.  I should be back out there more now and hoping to get it buttoned up, painted, and finished.  I just want to wheel already.

Hopefully I'll get to meet all the new members I've been reading about on here and I look forward to seeing the familiar ones again.  Schedule for 2013 looks great and with any luck I'll be able to participate.

See everyone soon.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2013, 03:26:40 PM »
Good to hear from you again.

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
Who is this guy? Was he a friend of the guy with the superharged green 1 Ton jeep ;D