Author Topic: mohawk weekend  (Read 4771 times)

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
mohawk weekend
« on: July 18, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »
hey i am interested in coming up to mohawk on saturday to go wheeling with the club. i kinda need to know the location so i can find my way there. also should i bring anything for my jeep like extra equipment or the like of that.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: mohawk weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:39:51 AM »
Guys Mike is looking to come up Saturday morning he will not be camping with us, is there a place he can meet us near the campground and a time?
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »
Just meet us at the campground; Country Aire in Shelburn, MA (right off of the hiway).  Google the campground name for specific locations.  If you are there by 9, you won't miss us.  I'm not sure how well cell phones work at that campground (they didn't at the other one), but you can call one of us Friday night to confirm a time.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:50:47 PM »
x2 on what Jeremy said. The easiest place to meet us is going to be the campground and I can't imagine us being finished with breakfast and loaded up for wheeling before 9am.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
the campground would be easiest, but they do have a $5 visitor fee, so you could probably just hang out outside the campground untilll we pull out. unless you feel like paying.
W.O.J.

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
thats awesome thanks. i have andys number but if you feel that i will need other send them in a personal message, I am bringing some friends who wanna come. also do you think my jeep will be good enough for the trails. i dont wanna completely destroy her :). what other things do i need besides what is in the forum.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »
thats awesome thanks. i have andys number but if you feel that i will need other send them in a personal message, I am bringing some friends who wanna come. also do you think my jeep will be good enough for the trails. i dont wanna completely destroy her :). what other things do i need besides what is in the forum.

i have never been i can't say but

bring an extra muffler for duece and a track bar he seems to have trouble with them staying put lol
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »
ahaha i have his old on from the front i might bring it along haha, and jeeps dont need mufflers all to often lol, im thinking about bringing the obvious tools as well as some u joints

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 07:51:54 PM »
You know your Jeep better than anyone else so if you leak any fluids or have to refill on occassion you'll want to bring those. I always carry items like radiator clamps, fluids, ujoints and a set of tools that can disassemble the majority of things that go wrong on the trails. I've never personally had to use a radiator clamp, but there's 5 or 6 other Jeeps that have benefited from me carrying them. Make sure you have a spare tire with you also.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »
I needed a spare transfercase last weekend! I just forgot to bring it....
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 02:40:39 AM »
I needed a spare transfercase last weekend! I just forgot to bring it....

i got one i can ship i cant give it away
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »
So I'm fairly nervous about doing ofr. I hear the first obstical is a deusy. Seeing as I have no sliders or anything would it be wise for me to not to attempt this. I hear of waxes breaking and other bad things. Advice/ contributions anyone?

Rig- zj 3" lift 31 mud tires
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:38:21 AM by WillC »

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
just come along Mike, you can figure it out when you get there. Even if you have to ride with one of us, it still counts as a trail ride.
W.O.J.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »
Duece I'm pretty certain u have to drive for ur trail ride to count.  Will, Ed?
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 12:55:11 PM »
Yeah I wasn't 100 percent sure
W.O.J.