Author Topic: mohawk weekend  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: mohawk weekend
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
I needed a spare transfercase last weekend! I just forgot to bring it....

i got one i can ship i cant give it away

Thanks, but I aslo have a couple on the shelve, already rebuilt one and should have it in tomorrow!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »
Duece I'm pretty certain u have to drive for ur trail ride to count.  Will, Ed?

it would only make sense for me to take my own to show that i have some skill lol.... i wana take her im just worried about breaking something big, i dont care about dents and superficial shit its the axels and other under body things that im worried about

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
You are right Nate. You have to drive your rig for it to be counted as a trail ride

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »
Just a though maybe we need to change the wording in the bylaws if this is true, because here it states "attend"
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP AND DUES

A.   Owners of Four Wheel Drive vehicles and other interested parties are eligible for membership in JT4X4.  Each membership includes the immediate family, however, voting power is restricted to that person, and that persons partner, whose application has been approved.
B.   Dues for JT4X4 shall be determined by the Board of Directors with the approval of the membership.  Dues will be due by October First (1st) of each year.  There will be a thirty-day (30) grace period, however.  If membership dues are not received by November First (1st) of each year, the membership will be terminated and the member’s name will be dropped from the roster.  If a member has been dropped from the roster, he/she will forfeit all rights and privileges of membership.
C.   Membership shall be a contingent upon payment of annual dues and a majority vote at a meeting.
D.   Membership to JT4X4 will consist of the following types:

a.   Probationary Member
i.   Any legally licensed, registered and insured 4X4 vehicle owner shall be eligible for Probationary membership.
ii.   A probationary member shall attend one (1) trail ride, one (1) official JT4X4 meeting, and one (1) other JT4X4 event during the probationary period.
iii.   Probationary period shall be a period of three (3) months.
iv.   Probationary member must be recommended for membership by a club member and voted by majority vote at the next meeting after the three (3) month probationary period.
v.   Probationary members shall not have voting rights on club issues and new member votes or be nominated for officer positions.
vi.   Probationary members shall not be responsible for the planning, organization, or execution of JT4X4 events, however may collaborate with club members and trail bosses on such issues.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »
The intent of the bylaw (may be poorly written) was to wheel that trail ride.  Even if one rides along to meet the letter of the law, the chance of getting acutally voted in is nil.  Nothing personal, but we want to see you wheel before we vote you in.  If we want to have a member type that only rides, then we can add that, but i think he wants to wheel, we want to see him wheel.  I don't think there is an issue.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 01:11:48 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, and I think we can all agree that anyone should wheel before actually being voted in. I just think to avoid future confusion, we should talk about changing the wording in the bylaws at the next meeting.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 02:46:55 AM »
BUMP

Does anyone have a source for firewood?  I've got room on my trailer.  I may be able to scrounge some stuff from my woods, but I don't have a working chainsaw :(
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 02:47:11 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, and I think we can all agree that anyone should wheel before actually being voted in. I just think to avoid future confusion, we should talk about changing the wording in the bylaws at the next meeting.

yea i feel like that wouldnt be that hard to do, seems like a good idea.

BUMP

Does anyone have a source for firewood?  I've got room on my trailer.  I may be able to scrounge some stuff from my woods, but I don't have a working chainsaw :(

wish i could help but i got nothing.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
1. im sorry for starting an issue with the bylaws...
2. i need to get and HNSA (honest not shit assessment) of the 2 big obsticals in this trail. i dont want to get to damaged as she is my EDD (every day driver). if you know about it is there a way for my 3" lift and 31's to fit up the trail
3. yes i am looking into sliders right now but i am not willing to pay the 200-300 for 3 day shipping and some places dont have that option.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »
OFR will prob be too much for ya, but the other trails should be fine.  Mohawk was my first wheeling event a few years ago and I rode along for OFR.  I did Tunnel completly stock.  I had so much fun that i got hooked; i even diverted funds to replace my 27" tv w/a 52" for a lift kit!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »
Jeremy, I just sent you a pm. I have plenty of wood already cut and split at the new place in Ledyard. I just have no way to transport it.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Shit I should have started out by asking how many trails are we going on?

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
Sorry y'all I'm being kind of a bitch lol

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
Jeremy, I just sent you a pm. I have plenty of wood already cut and split at the new place in Ledyard. I just have no way to transport it.

replied: maybe Thurs night or Fri morn i can grab some.  Unless someone else is heading this way w/ room. ...

Shit I should have started out by asking how many trails are we going on?

enough for you to wheel and have fun!  just make sure you have tow points front/rear

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 06:16:33 PM »
Just a though maybe we need to change the wording in the bylaws if this is true, because here it states "attend"
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP AND DUES

A.   Owners of Four Wheel Drive vehicles and other interested parties are eligible for membership in JT4X4.  Each membership includes the immediate family, however, voting power is restricted to that person, and that persons partner, whose application has been approved.
B.   Dues for JT4X4 shall be determined by the Board of Directors with the approval of the membership.  Dues will be due by October First (1st) of each year.  There will be a thirty-day (30) grace period, however.  If membership dues are not received by November First (1st) of each year, the membership will be terminated and the member’s name will be dropped from the roster.  If a member has been dropped from the roster, he/she will forfeit all rights and privileges of membership.
C.   Membership shall be a contingent upon payment of annual dues and a majority vote at a meeting.
D.   Membership to JT4X4 will consist of the following types:

a.   Probationary Member
i.   Any legally licensed, registered and insured 4X4 vehicle owner shall be eligible for Probationary membership.
ii.   A probationary member shall attend one (1) trail ride, one (1) official JT4X4 meeting, and one (1) other JT4X4 event during the probationary period.
iii.   Probationary period shall be a period of three (3) months.
iv.   Probationary member must be recommended for membership by a club member and voted by majority vote at the next meeting after the three (3) month probationary period.
v.   Probationary members shall not have voting rights on club issues and new member votes or be nominated for officer positions.
vi.   Probationary members shall not be responsible for the planning, organization, or execution of JT4X4 events, however may collaborate with club members and trail bosses on such issues.

Turns out those were an old version, check out the new version which specifies wheeling.