Author Topic: Mohawk caravan  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Re: Mohawk caravan
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »
I'm so jealous of everyone  >:( , the annual trip to Mohawk is a GREAT trip and I'm going to miss it :'(. Especially after we sold JD's Jeep...

On a lighter note, I'm heading to CA next week for 3 months and will have plenty of chances to head out to Hungry Valley, Johnson Valley, Last Chance Canyon, Jawbone, and wherever else I can get to with my FJ!!! I might even try to fit in a trip to Vegas to Red Rock Canyon!!!

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 12:06:57 AM »
Hey, what time are we heading home on sunday

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
whenever you want; usually some leave first thing after breakfast; i usually stay for another short trail ride (leave by noonish).  2.5 hr home.  its really your choice
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »
Hey, what town are we going to be in?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »
The campground address is in Charlemont, MA.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 03:52:38 AM »
Just an FYI, but I got in contact with a guy that lives and wheels in Charlemont. He actually lives 4 houses down from the entrace to Dodge Rd and is willing to show us some other roads besides Old Florida, Dodge and Tunnel. He mentioned one called Tory Mountain Rd and there's another he's going to check out tomorrow or Friday once we get there. It's an abandoned road that is legal, but is quite overgrown. There's a EC4WDA group that was going to clear it a little bit, but he hasn't checked to see if they've done it or not. He'll probably join us for a little while over the weekend. I found him through a guy I know over at LIOR.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 04:16:49 AM »
Looks like 40% chance of showers both Sat and Sun.  High on Sat around 67 and high on Sun of 71. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »
There are 2 roads that Rob at NTC told us about. One is that Torrey Mountain Road, which is not far from Tunnel Road. I dont know off hand where the other one is yet. But we will have that information with us.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »
Hey can someone PM me the address of the campground, I might not be able to make the 12 pm caravan but dont want to wait til 4 either.  My son has to go into the hospital at 10 for some testing (nothing serious, just precautionary) and I want to be there for him (he's only 7 and might be a bit scared).  I'll probably be right on the caravans heels so please tell me what channel you guys are transmitting on.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »
pm sent
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:48 PM »
These are a few of the roads that were mentioned as ones to explore:

Notch Rd - North Adams, MA Rated 4-5 about 3 miles
Tory Mountain Rd - Charlemont, MA Rated 4 (short) about a mile
Thorpe Brook Rd - Sandisfield, MA Rated 4-5 about 4 miles.

*Adams*
West Mountain Road
McGrath Road

*Buckland*
Cemetary Road
Hodgen Road/Bailey Road
Nilman Rd

*North Adams*
Mountain Rd
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
You will most likley not have cell reception at the camp ground, at all.  Once we cross to the other side of the Mt for OFR, you may be able to get weak reception.

Please warn your wife, girl/boy friend, kids, mom, dad, dog, pool boy, etc that they may not be able to get ahold of you.  There is a pay phone (if i remember correctly) in the resturaunt, but don't know the number.
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 03:29:57 AM »
Hey Guy's, I'll be leaving from Colchester around 4:15ish from exit 16. If any one else is leaving around then let me know, PM me a cell # and I'll do the same, so we can hook up for the ride up if you want. I'll be trailering my rig up so I'll be traveling about 60mph.
I'm not sure if the CB will be working for the trip (the speaker doesn't work) but if it is what channel do you guy's use?

How bad are the trails going to be wet??
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 04:18:09 AM »
We normally run channel 10 on the CB. I've only run these trails one time, but there is a natural spring that runs water down the whole thing already so other than the rocks being a little more slippery I don't think it will be too bad. It depends on when the rain comes in, but the big puddle at the end of the trail could get a little deep.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 04:36:33 AM »
MrRock, does your CB have a jack for an external speaker?  if so, you can borrow mine once you get up there.