Author Topic: Mohawk caravan  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
Re: Mohawk caravan
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 05:53:12 AM »
man guys. shut up. the more ya'll talk about it, the more pissed off i am about not going.  oh, when are we gonna do some local wheelin?  My dad's comin up around th middle of next month, and i wanna take him out.  if i have my rocker knockers by then i'd like to hit BTC. Time to tackle that kill sticker.  it doesnt have to be our monthly function, but a good group of guys would be cool.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 02:17:40 PM »
Regarding food, we have always brough up whatever you wanted to eat; someone always had a propane grill.  We'll have a campfire if you want to cook on that.  Just pack your cooler w/ plenty of ice, freeze food if you are worried about it lasting, but my cooler keept food cold well beyond returning home.  If you need to throw your cooler on the trailer, there should be room, or my bed will have some room.

You will want food for each dinner, lunch (sandwich stuff works well, make them in the morn and pack in small cooler), and breakfast.  bring any snacks as there isn't much in the area (the reaturaunt on the campground is officially boycotted by our club).

If any one has questions about what works well for food, just PM me.

Who has a grill?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »
I'll bring up my small propane grill.
Do we have a picnic table at our site?

I'm in for the noon caravan also.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »

We are bringing our little propane grill too, I bought 2 little propane bottles last night.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »
Do we have a picnic table at our site?

I'm in for the noon caravan also.

Yes, there will be picnic tables available. I'll have to do my food shopping Thursday night when I get back from New York. I'm planning on stuff I can throw on marshmallow sticks like brats for my dinners and pb&j for lunch.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 01:04:15 AM »
Are there any kids going? Joel wants to go know. Who has a welder, I need a spare tire adapter cut and rewelded back together.
Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 03:34:16 AM »
Who has a welder, I need a spare tire adapter cut and rewelded back together.

I have one Kevin...Come on over and I'll hook you right up... ;D

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
Just watned to let you know that the reservations at Mohawk are under Coats not JT4x4.

Thanks

Mel

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 12:43:14 PM »

didnt you move away?

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »
Are there any kids going? Joel wants to go know. Who has a welder, I need a spare tire adapter cut and rewelded back together.

I would tell you to drop it off, but right now I am swamped with getting my Jeep back together, and getting my Brother In Laws Jeep ready.  I havn't looked at a JK spare tire mount, but if they are made similair to the TJ and YJ ones, I'm not sure how well they would do after being cut and welded.  The metal is pretty thin and uses the geometry of the design for strength.  You could always add more braces to it though, or it may be thicker steel then what Jeep has used in the past.  If I can get caught up with my work, I'll give you a call.  Do you have any links to show how it needs to be cut and re-welded?

Any thought into rush shipping one of these:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Jeep-JK-Spare-Tire-Relocation-Bracket-p-17958.html

http://www.quadratec.com/products/22202_500.htm

With quadratech you could use normal shiping if it is in their PA warehouse. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:27:06 PM by kirksjeep »
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
push comes to shove, your spare could be strapped down in my bed.  You will either have to get it to my by fri morn or strap it to your roof till you get to the campground.  PM me and let me know. (or drop it off w/ kirk and his trailer before he drops it at my house)
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:18 PM »
push comes to shove, your spare could be strapped down in my bed.  You will either have to get it to my by fri morn or strap it to your roof till you get to the campground.  PM me and let me know. (or drop it off w/ kirk and his trailer before he drops it at my house)

I'm planning on dropping the trailer off some time Thursday, not sure of the time yet.
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »

I'm planning on dropping the trailer off some time Thursday, not sure of the time yet.

Thats perfect for me; as I won't be home untill Wed night. 

Kevin, If you want to drop the tire off at my pace ahead of time, just put it next to my tires; i'll ensure it gets to Mohawk (just pack fix-a-flat)

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »
 i have a spare relocation brAcket already it just sticks out too far. I guess i could return it for a different one

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »

didnt you move away?

Yes...I was just seeing how sharp people are...LOL