Author Topic: Monster jam  (Read 4053 times)

PaulW

Monster jam
« on: July 27, 2009, 02:28:37 AM »
went there with my son and my wife today.  Landon had a freaking blast. in the parking lot he was making the vrmm noises the whole way into stafford springs speedway.  there were the usual trucks there, digger, maximum destruction, el toro loco, etc.  the races were kinda boring, but the crowds favorite as well as mine is the freestyle.  my kid just lit up when he saw the trucks flying through the air.  makes daddy proud that big sis and mommy won't effect him too much with they're r&b music and crap like that, and that I will still instill the redneckyness of years past into him.  here's some of the better pics.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Monster jam
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »
It's been several years since I've been to a monster jam. I took the kids to one at the Pontiac Silverdome while the wife was out of town and they had a great time. They also like the demolition derby and tractor pulls at the fair. I've brought the kids to those several times over the years.
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 03:25:26 AM »
It's been several years since I've been to a monster jam. I took the kids to one at the Pontiac Silverdome while the wife was out of town and they had a great time. They also like the demolition derby and tractor pulls at the fair. I've brought the kids to those several times over the years.

i'll be at every single one, i don't need my son singing and dancing to "barbie girl" it's just not right.  his older sis has him listening to that crap.  today was all alice in chains, metallica, and trace adkins.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:52:33 AM »
My kids know what they get in my vehicles, Country. They get a little Johnny Cash, Alabama and many others.
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »
My kids know what they get in my vehicles, Country. They get a little Johnny Cash, Alabama and many others.

lol

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:25:59 AM »

lol

good stuff to both
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 11:38:30 PM »
i have to agree with paul... ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
hey doug we should build/paint your xj like gravedigger, giant tires and everything.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
ya know im suprised noone has a built a jeep type monster truck.... paul. come to hawaii with me and we shall built a monster truck.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »
ya know im suprised noone has a built a jeep type monster truck.... paul. come to hawaii with me and we shall built a monster truck.

don't tempt me, i just think we should do it here.  it'll cost too much to ship the tubing :D

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 01:46:04 AM »
i'd love it!!!! we'll use the cherokee body and...... i think thats all that we can use from it haha.
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 03:20:46 AM »
i'd love it!!!! we'll use the cherokee body and...... i think thats all that we can use from it haha.

nah the dana 30 will hold up to 72" ag tires!!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 04:34:43 AM »
LMFAO!!!! might need to gussy up the axle abit. and ag? whats that?
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 12:57:04 PM »
LMFAO!!!! might need to gussy up the axle abit. and ag? whats that?

Agricultural

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »
haha, tractor tires?
1982 CJ7-stock