Author Topic: Monster jam  (Read 4052 times)

PaulW

Re: Monster jam
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
haha, tractor tires?

the tires used on the monster trucks are from farming equipment, mainly turf sprayers.  they're so wide to give the equipment a low footprint when it's driving over the ground so it won't ruin the turf.  they use them on monster trucks because they're very soft and are a flotation tire.  some of the tread is cut off to lighten them and to give them a more aggressive look.  they're actually used as part of the suspension on the trucks, because they help to absorb some of the impact from landings.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 07:54:46 AM »
yay!!!! i learned something today  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 05:02:45 PM »
yay!!!! i learned something today  ;D

now doug knows 2 things. 

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »
what was the other thing?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »
what was the other thing?

still trying to figure that out.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 12:03:30 AM »
well i still haven't learned righty tighty lefty loosy.
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 02:12:20 AM »
well i still haven't learned righty tighty lefty loosy.

in time you may be able to be a self proclaimed xj professional.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 02:40:48 AM »
am i a professional at breaking them yet?
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 03:28:56 AM »
am i a professional at breaking them yet?

nope just having them fall apart.  come by this week, we'll break it on a trail :D

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
tomorow (tuesday) im driving it down to nj and shipping it. they wont let me ship it with my subs though because they're not bolted down =( so now i gotta pack them in with my stuff and i'll get the subs b4 the damn truck.
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 02:26:28 AM »
tomorow (tuesday) im driving it down to nj and shipping it. they wont let me ship it with my subs though because they're not bolted down =( so now i gotta pack them in with my stuff and i'll get the subs b4 the damn truck.

Better off, they might get damaged when they ship with the vehicle.  Make sure you have something to cover the woofers when you pack em, and don't forget to take the fuse out before you unplug the subs.  You could fry the amp is it grounds out.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 04:47:14 AM »
you talking about the main one that we replaced? or outta the amp?
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 05:00:59 AM »
you talking about the main one that we replaced? or outta the amp?

the main fuse in the power cable.  you don't want it to turn on.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »
done.
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 02:39:45 AM »