Author Topic: Cruise Night Pic  (Read 7675 times)

PaulW

Re: Cruise Night Pic
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 12:57:26 AM »
hm... i guess after i pay off the credit card then i will try and buy that. now i better be able to jump sand dunes after this crap lol.

it might. 

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »
ha, i still see nothing wrong with buying the rough country one though... for half the price!
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 01:14:28 AM »
we could sit here for the next ten pages and discuss the pro's and con's of each kit.  with the clayton kit you can go to 35's and since its long arm it will still ride descent

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 01:22:15 AM »
NOPE!!!  with the 4.5 long arm you can still only fit 31's
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 01:24:35 AM »
NOPE!!!  with the 4.5 long arm you can still only fit 31's

i fit 33's on mine with the 4.5 rusty's.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 01:26:10 AM »
yeah but i bet you rubbed when going over rocks didn't you? and i haven't cut any fenders yet.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 01:30:29 AM »

They're right in waterbury.  If i buy another kit it will be clayton. I'm considering it for my zj

If you need a good reason to do it, Alan from Eastern took his ZJ, DROVE it to MOAB, played for a week and drove home. Not bad for a Daily Driver with (iirc)9" lift and 35's!!! He has always raved about the street-ability of something that works so well in the woods.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:32:58 AM by phoenix »

PaulW

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2009, 01:36:03 AM »

They're right in waterbury.  If i buy another kit it will be clayton. I'm considering it for my zj

If you need a good reason to do it, Alan from Eastern took his ZJ, DROVE it to MOAB, played for a week and drove home. Not bad for a Daily Driver with (iirc)9" lift and 35's!!! He has always raved about the street-ability of something that works so well in the woods.

I've ridden in that truck.  It rides awesome.  Jeepgirl13 is running the clayton as well, and clank.  I know alot of people on them and it's worth every dollar.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »
hm... we'll see then i guess. i just really don't wanna wait long enough for me to save up 2k to drop into that lift.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »
i think i can speak for most guys on the forum when i say that it is well worth the wait.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 03:16:02 AM »
well i just thought about this. i have my sign on bonus that i should be getting as soon as i graduate A school. it's 6k but probably after taxes will be 4k. i've owned my jeep since feb and i was gonna use the 4k to pay it off. i guess what would work out is not paying it off since i haven't had the loan that long and i can keep using it to build credit. maybe put 1k on the loan and use the other 3k for the lift and tires.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
Yeah and some food for thought.  I learned the hard way that paying off small loans nomatter what type, be it personal or an auto loan, in less than a one year span in no way hurts your credit, but it does not build it either.  My spideysince tells me that you'r unmarried, and, if thats the case, let the loan run its full or near full term of life.  You will appreciate it later, and you will have the funds to start you on your way to 31"s of fun with the rest of us.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 04:21:14 AM »
yes yes, not married, no kids (that i know of  ;D) i just don't like having to owe money. but i guess that i can just let this bad boy run for another year or 2. maybe pay it off a year early or whatever. idk first loan, first credit card, navy is helping out abit with that part.
1982 CJ7-stock