Author Topic: Cruise Night Pic  (Read 7677 times)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
Re: Cruise Night Pic
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 03:51:05 AM »
haven't seen any aftermarket control arms. but rusty's tie rods look nice. lol they're like 2 or 3 times as big as stocks.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 04:13:20 AM »
check out rusty's control arms they're tube steel strong as hell to.  i never had any trouble with mine.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 04:50:40 AM »
ha, i have a feeling that my whole front end is gonna come from rusty's.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 05:18:21 AM »
will TJ control arms work on an XJ?  If so, check out CLAYTON OFFROAD. boxed steel w/ heims joints. Strong as hell with plenty of flex.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »
i don't know if they do or not. but i don't think i need new tie rods right now. just checking for future references is all.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »
no, im talking about control arms, not tie rods.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
http://claytonoffroad.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_66&products_id=113

yo reptile, check this. its pricey, but you get what you pay for.  This is probably one of the strongest lift kit manufactures in the biz.  only problem for you is, they staryt out big, and only go bigger from there.  Save your money, and go balls out awsome the first time so you dont have to double the cost of your projact later with tiny upgrades that a kit like this already has.  on the budget side of things, for people like you and i, i still recommend roughcountry's 4.5 or 6 inch kit (longarm only)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
4.5 inches for 2k and it still doesn't come with shocks!? i only paid 5k for the jeep lol. yeah, gonna stick with rough country's 4.5 and get the leaf packs
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:09:42 PM by calvynandhobbs »
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:03 AM »
clayton is one of the best kits you can ever get.  i know people rocking they're hard arm kits.  they jump the jeeps and land on the long arms and no problem!!  but then again you get what you pay for.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »
axle can back me up on this 1. "they say that in the navy the pay is mighty fine, they give you $100 and take back 99" get what im saying here?
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2009, 12:19:23 AM »
clayton is one of the best kits you can ever get.  i know people rocking they're hard arm kits.  they jump the jeeps and land on the long arms and no problem!!  but then again you get what you pay for.
I have seen his stuff get BEAT on, and it holds up fine. I don't know what the total woul be, (I know it's not cheap) but from everything I have seen, rive it up and drop it off, and pick up something ready to ROCK!!! Plus he's a good guy, and he is LOCAL! No sending your money overseas!

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »
4.5 inches for 2k and it still doesn't come with shocks!? i only paid 5k for the jeep lol. yeah, gonna stick with rough country's 4.5 and get the leaf packs

If it makes you feel any better, I paid 2500 for mine and have about 6k into it... still have probably another 4-6k left to get it where I want it.
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, I paid 2500 for mine and have about 6k into it... still have probably another 4-6k left to get it where I want it.

Just Empty Every Pocket
mine will never be done, even if I hit the lottery.  They will always be making something newer/stronger/lighter/cooler etc..and I will always want it! ;D
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

PaulW

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »
I have seen his stuff get BEAT on, and it holds up fine. I don't know what the total woul be, (I know it's not cheap) but from everything I have seen, rive it up and drop it off, and pick up something ready to ROCK!!! Plus he's a good guy, and he is LOCAL! No sending your money overseas!

They're right in waterbury.  If i buy another kit it will be clayton. I'm considering it for my zj

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »
hm... i guess after i pay off the credit card then i will try and buy that. now i better be able to jump sand dunes after this crap lol.
1982 CJ7-stock