Author Topic: YJ Progress  (Read 17511 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: YJ Progress
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 04:07:55 AM »
Didn't get as much time to work on the YJ as I wanted this weekend, but here's a teaser shot of the way it's sitting currently.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »
Ahhh Rog, did you get another YJ to put in the old ones place? Lol nice job I see you added some paint.
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 02:11:59 PM »
Ahhh Rog, did you get another YJ to put in the old ones place? Lol nice job I see you added some paint.

Yes, been painting as I go along. I painted the windshield frame before I put the glass in it and figured it would be easier to paint the cowl area prior to putting the windshield frame back on YJ. Then I thought it would be easier to paint the cowl if I remove the hood and that led to painting the hood, which the previous owner had started to sand for painting already. Rabbit trails once I start something. LOL   
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
  • 98 Cherokee 4.5in on 33's
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2015, 03:21:02 AM »
The tan looks soo good

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »
Been a long time since an update. The steering is now in and the rest of the YJ painted. Onto bleeding brakes and replacing the radiator soon.

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 08:54:46 PM »
VERY Nice!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »
Bleeding brakes didn't go the way I had planned, but I should have at least taken the rear drums off and looked at them. Ended up having to replace rear brake cylinders and all the hardware and pads. Got that done last night. I When I pulled the radiator the fluid looked so bad I decided to replace the thermostat and waterpump while I was at it. Started on those tonight and right off the bat I broke a bolt for the thermostat housing about halfway inside the thermostat housing. Another pain to deal with.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »
Bleeding brakes didn't go the way I had planned, but I should have at least taken the rear drums off and looked at them. Ended up having to replace rear brake cylinders and all the hardware and pads. Got that done last night. I When I pulled the radiator the fluid looked so bad I decided to replace the thermostat and waterpump while I was at it. Started on those tonight and right off the bat I broke a bolt for the thermostat housing about halfway inside the thermostat housing. Another pain to deal with.

I wrenching was easy everyone would do it!
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 12:07:21 AM »

I wrenching was easy everyone would do it!
Right !!!  Still wounder what the hell I was thinking why I do it for a living. After a day of work it's hard to come home and fix or upgrade the jeep. Or do maintance on the other 3 vehicles I own.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 02:22:57 AM »
Put gas in it and it fired right up. Either the air conditioner or alternator pully is screaming like a banshee though. At least I know it will start and idle pretty good after 2 years of sitting.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 02:50:15 AM »
So whats left to do?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 03:19:41 AM »
Still have rock sliders and rear fenders to put on. Brakes are going to be the death of me. Brought a caliper into NAPA to get a banjo bolt and they are 7/16-20 thread. Went to put them in tonight and those size bolts won't fit through the brake line end. Now I need new flexible brake lines. Anybody need brand new 24" Jeep brake lines. I need to start searching for flex lines from Dodge or at least have that size bolt.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2016, 03:12:28 AM »
I suck at brake lines. Got the front ones in on Saturday, put some fluid in it and checked on it tonight. It's leaking in at least 3 places.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2016, 02:58:21 AM »
Put the tires on and drove it around the neighborhood tonight. It was really quirky and the brakes still suck, but it made the loop and safely back in the garage.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2016, 03:26:11 AM »
Did an alignment on it tonight and some other things. I need to pull the center skid plate down and notch it some for the front driveshaft.

Any fab guys have the time to help me figure out how to lower the seat?
1994 YJ on 37s