Author Topic: Yj to tj suspension fab question?  (Read 5729 times)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
Re: Yj to tj suspension fab question?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
Anyone driving a YJ as a daily driver needs to get their head examined! trust me I have one, if you have short commutes then maybe it's not so bad. I can drive about an hour with no problem to get to a trail but by the 90 minute mark I am done! and that's doing it once in a while not everyday!!

I don't think it is worth it to try to make a YJ "streetable".

lay off the drugs rock my jeep as the only thing i drove while i was in the navy just you need to be prepared to fix it over night when needed and i still drive it to work alot and will run it 80 miles on the highway to our farm (but it is double the cost compaired to pulling it on the trailer i love 4mpg on the highway but i get 8 in the city)  and i drove it half way across the country like 4 times my yj was the best dd i ever had and it is the only one i have kept for more than 3 years (but i am still young and dumb)

"(but i am still young and dumb)" thanks for making my point, LOL, whatever year you make it back here I'd be happy to wheel with you again, we had a lot of fun!

but suspension seats help a lot with the ride it does not make it a total pita rough riding sob and i hope to make mohawk weekend(next year i will have two weeks vacation) when i come up plus hit a couple of other trails like btc and mabell you guys will have plenty of notice or warning which ever you prefer i just need to get my copilots heart doctor to give the good to go thumbs up

let me know when you go, i'd love to come back atleast as a ride along. my CJ will be driveable in another month but won't be trail worthy for awhile
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.