Author Topic: My F250 took a rock today  (Read 968 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
My F250 took a rock today
« on: July 23, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »
I had a couple teens over at the house this morning loading wood into my truck from the backside of the property since they are trying to make a little cash to go to their youth camp in August. I pulled off of Gallup Hill behind the guard rail on the property and didn't see the rock hiding in the ferns. It pushed my step up into the front fender and is higher than the bottom of the door so the passenger door won't open at all. I know I'm going to have to replace the one step bracket, but does anybody have experience with trying to realign the fender to the door spacing. I'm guessing crow bar at this point.

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: My F250 took a rock today
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »
Ouch!  unbolt the step and I'm sure you can bend the brackets and tube back into shape, as for the sheet metal, it is just sheetmetal so try to bend it first with your hands (with gloves, think safety first) before resorting to tools. what you want is to get the fender out away from the frame as the door wants to fold into and behind the fender if you get what I'm trying to say. the lines may not be perfect but it will fuction, most of the time you can do this with just your hand or with a padded ipece of wood, this way you may not crack the paint the only one who will know there is a ding is you. ( and anyone else who reads this post!)
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!