Author Topic: Need a hand  (Read 6424 times)

Offline ToxicTurtle

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
Need a hand
« on: January 13, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
Hey everyone...
My Dad has a Cherokee that has been having some minor issues. An overheat issue (that may be getting taken care of this weekend), he needs an alternator installed and some other minor things. I just haven't been able to generate the time or ambition (mostly the ambition) to get on them and finish them up.
What I need is someone or even a couple of people  who want to come up and hang out and give me a hand getting his stuff done and I have a couple of things on both my Runners that need attention.. A CAT on the Turtle and a windshield washer pump and some diamond plate work on the gray runner.(hell, I don't care if 10 people want to come and hang out and pitch in...LOL)
any takers?
Let me know when you're available and I'll make sure I'm good and that I can get my Dad's truck over to my garage in Wallingford. Oh yeah... I would need a hand there, at my garage.

Thanx!!

Talk soon,
Dave Brill
What, you don't know who I am??

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Need a hand
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:10:49 PM »
I'm in.

I'm a normal 9 to 5er though, so weekends are best for me.

Let me know.

Al
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline ToxicTurtle

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:36:36 PM »
I'm in.

I'm a normal 9 to 5er though, so weekends are best for me.

Let me know.

Al

Yeah, me too.. more like 7-5/6/7 or later during the week. Weekends will definitely be best.
I think I'm supposed to head out and letter (put grafix on) both Scott's FJ and Jon's Toyota hood next week. Either sat or Sunday. However, I am open on whatever the other day is... in essence, I'm open both days next weekend... actually, if both Scott and Jon came up to the garage in Wallingford, I could letter their rigs and do the Cherokee and Turtle and Grey Runner work all on the same day... as long as people got there early enough.
What say ye, those who have been named and not yet named?
Thanx!

Talk soon,
Dave Brill

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »
I could probably swing Saturday for a while. Sunday is out because JD is at school and I can't chain the kids to the parking lot to keep them out of trouble. I'll mark my calender tentatively for Saturday Dave...

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 02:10:04 AM »
as far as I know, at this point, I've got nothing planned next weekend.

I'll check with the boss.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 03:43:05 AM »
This weekend i'm booked, but next sat, i could help
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
i have nothing this sat!!! i am in as long as i am not going to piss off the bride.

plus it will be easier for me to go there as wellas Scott for the decals. that'd just be dumb for you to run down here and run back up to meet everyone for the wrench-a-thon

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »
i have nothing this sat!!! i am in as long as i am not going to piss off the bride.

plus it will be easier for me to go there as wellas Scott for the decals. that'd just be dumb for you to run down here and run back up to meet everyone for the wrench-a-thon

I agree with you Jon. That was my intent...

Dave, what time is best? Do you want to do this before the wrenching???  I'll make sure I wash the FJ before Saturday morning too...

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »

I agree with you Jon. That was my intent...

Dave, what time is best? Do you want to do this before the wrenching???  I'll make sure I wash the FJ before Saturday morning too...

how'd you get it dirty?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
how'd you get it dirty?

From all the salt and crap on the roads....

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 04:17:13 PM »
how'd you get it dirty?

From all the salt and crap OFF the roads....

FINALLY!

:)

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 05:40:51 PM »
I could probably swing Saturday for a while. Sunday is out because JD is at school and I can't chain the kids to the parking lot to keep them out of trouble. I'll mark my calender tentatively for Saturday Dave...

Sat might be out too, if Axle has re-scheduled that NRA safety class that 5 of us are supposed to go to...
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
I may be able to come up Sat and give you a hand need to talk to the CMO and see what she thinks...Ill let you know.
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 03:10:28 AM »
so what's the skinny on this?  are we applying graphics and wrenching first thing in the morning?

Offline ToxicTurtle

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 03:21:06 AM »
so what's the skinny on this?  are we applying graphics and wrenching first thing in the morning?

That looks like the plan.
Scott and Jon are heading up my way to be at my garage by 9AM. They have directions if you want to all head up together. Otherwise, eamil me or them and you'll get directions. After lettering their rigs, we'll dive into my Dad's Cherokee and any other projects we feel we want to.
Thanx again guys for heading up.
So, who all is coming up?
Al, Scott, Jon, Jeremy, Chief KP..?  yes, no, anyone else?
Talk soon,
Dave Brill