Author Topic: Build Sheets  (Read 1217 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Build Sheets
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:38:05 AM »
Just found out you can contact Jeep and have them send you a build sheet. This way you will know every option your rig has. I'm sure some of you know of this, but thought it would be a good thing to post. Heres the link for contact. I'm sure you can do the same for Toyota or any other make.

http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/universal/J/index.jsp?appStr=wccs&titleStr=Contact+Jeep&familyStr=brand&franchise=J&actionURL=/wccs/brand_forms/us/webform.jsp&promotion=null&category=R
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Build Sheets
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »
I followed Andy's link and found some interesting things out about my TJ.

It originally had a D30/D35 combo with 3.07 gears. Makes me wonder if I really have 3.73 or something different. Next time I have a cover off I'm going to have to count it up.

I had to replace my battery and alternator yesterday and I thought I was getting an upgrade since Autozone only showed a 75amp and 90amp replacement and I went with the 90amp. According to the build sheet I have the HD electrical group with a 117amp alternator. I hope I have enough power to charge the 800cca battery I put in it.

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »
Awesome! I haven't even followed through with this for my own rig, but I'm assuming they responded promptly to your request.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 12:26:02 AM »
I followed Andy's link and found some interesting things out about my TJ.

It originally had a D30/D35 combo with 3.07 gears. Makes me wonder if I really have 3.73 or something different. Next time I have a cover off I'm going to have to count it up.

I had to replace my battery and alternator yesterday and I thought I was getting an upgrade since Autozone only showed a 75amp and 90amp replacement and I went with the 90amp. According to the build sheet I have the HD electrical group with a 117amp alternator. I hope I have enough power to charge the 800cca battery I put in it.

Don't worry.  any alternator will charge any battery.  Unless you are running a very hot stereo or running winch a lot, you will be ok.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
I forgot to mention that the other thing that their response told me is that there is a pending recall for my 98 Wrangler for the power brake booster. I guess I'll have to bring it in and have it checked out sometime.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline xjjeeper

• Trail Queen
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 04:16:52 AM »
I just did this with my new xj waiting on jeep to send me the info i had no clue i could do this its awsome.