Author Topic: 33x12.5s on  (Read 5700 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
33x12.5s on
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
So Saturday night Kirk helped me put Rogers old BFG ATs on my wheels. I had already taken the stock fender flares off, so It looked pretty sick. Kirk even tried a trick he saw on monster garage, involving an aluminum baseball bat and my fenders haha. So when I cut the wheel trying to back out of Kirks driveway, I was startled by some rubbing, but we figured it was the tires rubbing on the LCA's or something. I drove to drill all the way up at Bradley on Sunday, and everytime I took a sharp turn they would rub like crazy. But as it turns out I soon figured out it was only the inner bottom part of the fender, so I did some shoddy saws all work in there and it fixed the problem. heres pics of what I cut and the new look of the XJ.

Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

PaulW

Re: 33x12.5s on
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:30:26 PM »
looks good.  you forgot one "custom" thing.  you should get vanity plates for it.  sonce you have the veteran plates get ones that say "FLSHBK"  LOL

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:57:59 PM »
naa if anything it would be "DEUCE"
W.O.J.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »
Looks even better in the day light! ;D
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 02:07:28 AM »
See you didn't even need my help trimming the fenders.  But lets do the bar pin and blocks this weekend.  Txt me your schedule.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 02:43:31 AM »

It really does, and I even did a small amount of wheeling over some fallen trees at a friends house, and didn't even rub too bad. another inch and a half and some more trimming and I'll be all set.
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 02:50:25 AM »

It really does, and I even did a small amount of wheeling over some fallen trees at a friends house, and didn't even rub too bad. another inch and a half and some more trimming and I'll be all set.

I have the torches, and impacts ready :D

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:10:36 AM »

Sweet, i'll get over there soon, just have alot going on this weekend. Midevil Manor in Boston on saturday and have to help my dad with a CPS on my stepmoms malibu sunday. But yes we shall have a "beers and gears day" soon.
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 03:12:42 AM »

Sweet, i'll get over there soon, just have alot going on this weekend. Midevil Manor in Boston on saturday and have to help my dad with a CPS on my stepmoms malibu sunday. But yes we shall have a "beers and gears day" soon.

Is that a 3.8 in the malibu??

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 03:35:42 AM »

Not sure, its older like a 99 or something
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 03:37:03 AM »

Not sure, its older like a 99 or something

may be a 3.1 then.  check into it, because the 3.8 requires a special tool to set the air gap on the cps.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 03:39:14 AM »
i know he broke the first one he tried to put in. lol
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 03:41:58 AM »
let me know i have the tools if you need them.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 04:40:36 AM »
looks good, hows ur flex now though?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 05:03:43 AM »
looks good, hows ur flex now though?

he didn't change the suspension, so it's the same as before.