Author Topic: xj lower control arm  (Read 11890 times)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
Re: xj lower control arm
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:18 AM »
going by this it's a 3 inch for $350 and i can get the brand new 3 inch for $265 from ruty's
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 07:20:09 AM »
this one includes Front Lower Control Arms; Front Track Bar Bracket, but I'm running the same rusty's 3 inch your talking about. If you do that I would suggest finding some used leafs out of a newer XJ if yours sag. mine were toast. If you just get the add a leaf and not the spring packs your not gonna get a full 3 inches in the rear. I salvaged some from a 00 at the junk yard. worked out nicely.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »
i'll have to look into it. but guess what?........ THE BRACKETS CAME IN TODAY!!! YAY!!!!!! it'd be badass if we could install them tomorrow paul. im going in the morning to get those rims n tires n we could do it afterwards, if not i wont be back in connecticut until late monday night.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »
i'll have to look into it. but guess what?........ THE BRACKETS CAME IN TODAY!!! YAY!!!!!! it'd be badass if we could install them tomorrow paul. im going in the morning to get those rims n tires n we could do it afterwards, if not i wont be back in connecticut until late monday night.

what control arm mounts??

PaulW

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
you mean these control arm mounts??

PaulW

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »
this is what we had to replace.

how do you get a control arm mount off a diff??  with lots of sparks of course!!

or a little thing i like to call......plasma!

here's doug grinding.  he shoulda washed the bottom of the truck...

now how do we glue the new one on??  oh yea lincoln.

the part that sucks is that we kept tripping the breaker.  half way through a bead...POP damn breaker.  so the welds are ugly!  strong but ugly. 

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
ha, thought u wanted me to leave out the fact that u welded ugly beads? yeah i didn't get in bed til 4ish though..... good thing the navy doesn't believe in sleep and im used to it.  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
ha, thought u wanted me to leave out the fact that u welded ugly beads?

ya but they won't bend.  it would have been better if the damn breaker would have stayed on.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 09:12:52 AM »
yeah it would have... half my night was spent resetting the breaker... but now i have those new tires on, i got the newer shocks off of that xj and a lower control arm. gonna put those on sometime this week and i'll be set. with those new tires it rides so much better thanks roger. thanks alot though paul, that job would have never gotten done without ur help man.
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
yeah it would have... half my night was spent resetting the breaker... but now i have those new tires on, i got the newer shocks off of that xj and a lower control arm. gonna put those on sometime this week and i'll be set. with those new tires it rides so much better thanks roger. thanks alot though paul, that job would have never gotten done without ur help man.

next time we plan it better!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 04:12:29 AM »
awww, u don't like working til 2am?
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
awww, u don't like working til 2am?

it cuts into valuable drinking time!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 03:36:57 AM »
ha, u seemed to multitask pretty well while we were there. just have to do it another place so we don't have to whisper next time
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 02:53:40 AM »
well i got the other control arm in.. i think we did mount that bracket abit crooked cause i had to wedge that 1 in abit also. the shocks are proving to be a problem because i can't seem to hold it still and turn the top bolt at the same time, might need some assistance
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2009, 03:57:18 AM »
well i got the other control arm in.. i think we did mount that bracket abit crooked cause i had to wedge that 1 in abit also. the shocks are proving to be a problem because i can't seem to hold it still and turn the top bolt at the same time, might need some assistance

When i get into the house we can straighten that mount out.