Author Topic: Made it back  (Read 1144 times)

jmwendler

Made it back
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:07:13 AM »
Just wanted to let the guys know that I did make it back from the food drive none the less for wear. I checked my trail alignment at the first parking lot I got too and it was damn near perfect. 1/4 in total toe in. I did figure out that my oil consumption is up. I was putting in 1-2 qts of oil ever 200 miles or so. Today I was getting closer to 50 mpq(miles per quart). That definitly is not good. Going to start having to look hard at my options for motor and tranny rebuild. So far I have about 2.5k as estimate for getting a crate motor, and 1.5k for tranny rebuild. Both of those are with me doing all the wrenching of course. Wouldn't have it any other way. I think I will be keeping my truck off the trails though until I get that fixed. Can't let it get any worse cause its the only vehicle I have up here right now. Will still try and keep active in the club though. Even breaking my stuff I was having fun. Will catch you guys at the next event.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: Made it back
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 04:03:39 AM »
my garage is perfect for an engine swap, just let me know
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:07:47 AM »
Sounds like it is time to trade up for a toyota!!  :D ;D
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

tx_country

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:49:10 AM »
when you start doing the wrenching let us know, i'll definately help...

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Glad you made it back ok, James.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!