Author Topic: Blend door  (Read 1057 times)

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Blend door
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »
Have any of you tinkered with your blend door befor?  I'm still not getting good heat and I think that my blend door is not functioning.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Blend door
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
I've never messed with one in a Jeep. I had to drill a hole into the one in my Explorer a few years ago and use a coat hanger to lock the door into place so I could get heat. The problem then was that it got too hot too quick and I would have to play the turn it on and off game all the time. I need to do something with my XJ. I found out this past week with one of the cold mornings that I don't have any heat at all. I don't care about the heat, but I need the defrost function for the windshield.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
Hey Roger,
Have you looked into your blend door yet.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:11 PM »
footman, you might check the cable that connects the door to the lever, i've seen them come loose on other vehicles.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »
No, I haven't checked the blend door yet, but the slides feel like they are attached and moving something. I have the feeling it has to do with the lower temp thermostat that I put in when I replaced my water pump last spring. I think it is a 175 now, but with the colder weather I don't even see the engine temp get above 130-140 on the dial. I thought there was no heat, but it is just a little warmer than the outside air because the defrost did start to work last week when I had to scrape the windows by the time I got to work. It's probably blowing 50 degree air. That's the least of my worries right now. Something bad is happening in my driveline and I haven't had a chance to figure it out yet.
1994 YJ on 37s