Author Topic: My new(ish) gas saver!  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
My new(ish) gas saver!
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:49:54 AM »
Gas prices gotcha down?  Step into one of these babies!

'82 Yamaha Maxim 750.  $900 bones and it runs like a top!  After it warms up, ofcourse...   ;D  Had to order a new speedo cable and the front right fork seal needs to be fixed, but over all, a good buy.  I LOVE this thing!  Calling all bikers!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: My new(ish) gas saver!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:24:41 AM »
sorry, but MY bike gets better milage (of course it's more like miles per pizza slice)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:38:29 PM by rocket »
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
Saves gas AND
. you'll love this
NO TIE ROD TO BEND!!!! LMAO!  ;D

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
and it can probably handle BTC just fine!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
Saves gas AND
. you'll love this
NO TIE ROD TO BEND!!!! LMAO!  ;D

Speaking of tie rods, thanks for paving the way for that cheerokee upgrade!  I'm going to pick up the parts today and get her fixed tonight.  Seemed like a good deal for $146.  We'll see how well it holds up!

I win!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 02:14:53 PM »
Make sure you position the bolts on the adjusting sleeve so they are ABOVE the tie rod, avoid damaging them on rocks. Otherwise it will be a nasty time trying to adjust the alignment in a year or so...
Also, try to get it as close as you can in length to the one you are taking off , you will have an easier time trying to align it. I did JD's with two 4' levels, 2 bungees, and a tape measure. Using a 4' level located on the sidewall of the tire, leveled across the hub, and taking your measurements at the ends of the levels will produce the most accurate setting. I can help you if you need it...Just let me know...

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
I'd really like to see this done...  if you don't mind, give me a call when you get ready to start.

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »
I'd really like to see this done...  if you don't mind, give me a call when you get ready to start.

Are you referring to the alignment Reg? Does yours need one too??? If you PB blast the snot out of the adjusting sleeve (if you have one??) we can do them both in a very short time. If you have your stock setup, we can still do it, just need to make sure all the threaded parts are free to turn. Only takes about 10 minutes to do it 100%.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
I was planning on doing it tonight, if you guys are free.  I could use some alignment training.  That's an average savings of $70+!!!

I win!

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »
I sure would like to see this done but I cant make it tonight(inlaws in town)  Maybe you could do a write up with pictures. 
Hey Axle give me a shout any time you want to go for a cruise on the bikes.

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 05:32:29 PM »
I was planning on doing it tonight, if you guys are free.  I could use some alignment training.  That's an average savings of $70+!!!

Now this seems like a shade tree method that everyone should know!  Give a call if ya need a hand Axle. 8)
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »

Are you referring to the alignment Reg? Does yours need one too??? If you PB blast the snot out of the adjusting sleeve (if you have one??) we can do them both in a very short time. If you have your stock setup, we can still do it, just need to make sure all the threaded parts are free to turn. Only takes about 10 minutes to do it 100%.

nope, alignment done already, I got that covered.  I measured whell lip to wheel lip (min. tire bulge)  I just wanted to see the steering swap.  My tierod is protected a little more by the leaf springs, but i havebounced on it a few times.  I would like to upgrade as well.  I do have an extra one though (stock)  I'd rather just not have to use it.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »
Depending on when/if Scott is available is when it will happen.  I'll post a time and anyone who wants to see or help is welcome to come. 

Steve!!!!  We could start a JT4X4 Motorcycle branch!!!   ;D

I win!

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
Depending on when/if Scott is available is when it will happen.  I'll post a time and anyone who wants to see or help is welcome to come. 

Steve!!!!  We could start a JT4X4 Motorcycle branch!!!   ;D

that would be jt2x1