Author Topic: May 10th Wheeling  (Read 7857 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: May 10th Wheeling
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »
Does everyone who is driving a rig have directions?  If you don't have members access yet, and you still don't have the directions, shoot me a pm today so I can send you the directions.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »
Sykoticbulldog has decided to drop out after careful consideration.  That, and the lack of our ability to figure out where to put aftermarket tow hooks didn't help.  Note to future JK owners, get the factory tow hooks up front when you buy the jeep.  There are no mounts for aftermarket hooks. 

I bet he can go to the dealership and buy some that will bolt right up to the factory holes. More expensive then aftermarket ones but they would fit.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »
That's what I recommended.  I called Bob Valenti's, and they said they would have to order them.  I didn't try anyone else.  He doesn't have ANY experience, so we agreed that it would be better to come along as a passenger first and see what it's all about.  Geoff is a full member now, so he and I can take him to BTC so he can get his feet wet.  That would probably be a better environment for him to learn how to wheel that JK. 

I win!

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2008, 05:51:47 PM »
That's what I recommended.  I called Bob Valenti's, and they said they would have to order them.  I didn't try anyone else.  He doesn't have ANY experience, so we agreed that it would be better to come along as a passenger first and see what it's all about.  Geoff is a full member now, so he and I can take him to BTC so he can get his feet wet.  That would probably be a better environment for him to learn how to wheel that JK. 

That sounds like a totally MUCH better proposition then letting anyone get their feet wet at a place like *EDIT*, and will work much better!

Sorry Syk  :-[ Riding along is awesome in itself, but you will enjoy wheeling much more once you know what you are getting yourself into, and what you need to do to your rig to make wheeling more fun for you, and less of the butt pucker factor! Welcome to the club dude  ;D As we often say, be prepared to Just Empty Every Pocket! LOL

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:39:15 PM by Kral4me »
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »
:'(  reg out.. no one will swap weekend duty with me... :'(

Bummer, dude.   :(

i'm trying to get a run for the following weekend, there are three that can make it next weekend, but not this one. 

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2008, 08:36:20 PM »

i'm trying to get a run for the following weekend, there are three that can make it next weekend, but not this one. 

A run to where? To the same place where we are going tomarrow?

Not to piss on anyone's parade, but if you are trying to go to the same place, please see if it is in the aspect that you are hopping on with someone else's club in EC4WDA and piggy backing for that trail.

The offroad community, and both Associations, are really are trying to minimize trail overusage etc. You guys know the drill. We don't want to lose more trails to the way that CH and L went. That's the reason we have trail run schedules and coordinate with other clubs on who goes when.

We want to keep the trails open with responsible wheeling, not wheel so much whenever we want, wherever we can, that they get closed. Just going up on a run yourself with a group of others, because you can't make the scheduled one your club is due for, isn't something you should be doing.

:-* Not that I don't love you reg, or feel bad that you have duty and can't go to JT4x4's scheduled run tomarrow. Honestly that sucks  :'(. If you meant a couple of other rigs were wheeling next weekend on our private land, great! Have fun lol!  ;) :-* But otherwise, you need to stick to JT4x4's scheduled runs, or other clubs in EC4WDA who have spots we can piggyback on ;)
~J.D.~

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »

A run to where? To the same place where we are going tomarrow?

Not to piss on anyone's parade, but if you are trying to go to the same place, please see if it is in the aspect that you are hopping on with someone else's club in EC4WDA and piggy backing for that trail.

The offroad community, and both Associations, are really are trying to minimize trail overusage etc. You guys know the drill. We don't want to lose more trails to the way that CH and L went. That's the reason we have trail run schedules and coordinate with other clubs on who goes when.

We want to keep the trails open with responsible wheeling, not wheel so much whenever we want, wherever we can, that they get closed. Just going up on a run yourself with a group of others, because you can't make the scheduled one your club is due for, isn't something you should be doing.

:-* Not that I don't love you reg, or feel bad that you have duty and can't go to JT4x4's scheduled run tomarrow. Honestly that sucks  :'(. If you meant a couple of other rigs were wheeling next weekend on our private land, great! Have fun lol!  ;) :-* But otherwise, you need to stick to JT4x4's scheduled runs, or other clubs in EC4WDA who have spots we can piggyback on ;)

wow!  easy there, I'm not trying to undermind the entire wheeling community or anythng...  I just know that there are a few of us that want to go NEXT weekend.. somewhere... aka undecided location.    but thanks for defineing the standards set forth by JT4X4 and land use, being as it is in the open fourm.  I'll continue this conversaton on the members side.  ;D

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
 ;D
Heh.

I look good in red and blue doncha think?

ROTFLMAO

:P :-*
~J.D.~

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
;D
Heh.

I look good in red and blue doncha think?

ROTFLMAO

:P :-*

Kral4me:  TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE... 

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
*just grins*

did you ever think it was about anything other then serving and protecting!? LMAO!

:-*

I still wanna know where you find some of those images so damned fast LOL!
~J.D.~

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »
*just grins*

did you ever think it was about anything other then serving and protecting!? LMAO!

:-*

I still wanna know where you find some of those images so damned fast LOL!

frankiev

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
are we still going if its raining ?

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 10:11:44 PM »
are we still going if its raining ?

Good question. That is the Trail Boss's call. Axle, care to respond ;)

I know most of us feel if we can do a trail like we did last summer in a torrential downpour, then drizzle shouldn't matter...BUT it does make for a miserably cold time sometimes....

I checked sattelite. It looks pretty crappy all to tomarrow morning, early afternoon, then should stop though.
~J.D.~

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2008, 02:36:41 AM »
Rain or shine.  It's on.

I win!

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2008, 03:38:44 AM »
Final list...

Axle
Rebelbull
Krawl4me/Seabee_BUC
Nvrdun
Rocket
Bayougold/Sykoticbulldog
Chiefkp
Moosin88

This ride is full.  If you weren't able to make this one, stay tuned, as there will be more!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:34:05 AM by Axle »

I win!