Author Topic: Jamboree in NY  (Read 1300 times)

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
Jamboree in NY
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:40:35 AM »
Anybody ever hear of the Catskills Jeep Jamboree? Sep.26-28. Lots of trails but I didn't see how much it was to sign up. About 140 miles away.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Jamboree in NY
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
I'd be interested in going, thats basically in my back yard from where I grew up!

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »
I went on the Jeep Jamboree's Catskills run about 2 years ago I think it was? Not sure if it was the same area?

It was pretty sweet up there....pictures are in my photobucket site I think.
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »
is it only for jeeps? ???
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 03:59:58 AM »
The Jeep Jams are actually sponsored by Jeep itself :) So yes, only Jeeps.

We went after Scott got back from Africa, because as a feel good movement in supporting the troops, Jeep gave us four free tickets (about $800 worth for 2 adults and 2 kids) to go to any Jamboree in the U.S. that we wanted to...unfortunately Scott didn't get back from Africa until Sept, so we were short on options....

But Catskills kicked ass.

We camped on site, stayed the whole weekend, and went on two different trails, one was Hummel Hollow (5-6) and the other was White Lake Brook (6-8) I think? Some of it was pretty hairy and actually was a higher rating on our runs because of how bad the weather had been, and I was praying to the gods on White Lake Brook....it had been raining for 2 weeks before the run, and man was everything slick as snot and all sorts of jacked up. Didn't break anything, but had to use my winch for the first time on those trails LOL!  :P

I think I made it into some of the Jeep Jam's website 2006 pictures? I will have to look...but it was crazy fun....
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."