Author Topic: vibration/shudder  (Read 3986 times)

Offline reg

• Trail Master
Re: vibration/shudder
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
hub assemblies
alignment
exhaust
rear main seal

I have this whole weekend off, so if we do it this weekend I will definatly be there!  i promise! the only thing I really need help on is the alignment. (never did one)

Alex, how's the shop looking for this weekend?  Oh, Happy late Easter too. (had duty, phone off)

Offline Rebell Bull

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • YJ'S rule
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
Are you all forgetting something for the 29th, members go to members side and look, But we might be able to do a wrench fest on sunday.
Lets go see what I can break next

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »
Are you all forgetting something for the 29th, members go to members side and look, But we might be able to do a wrench fest on sunday.

can't do both?!  the trail isn't until afternoon

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »

Not saying it isn't possible, but how often does a 45min repair end up taking like 5 hours?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »

Not saying it isn't possible, but how often does a 45min repair end up taking like 5 hours?

depends on how much fun we're having   ;D

Offline Rebell Bull

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • YJ'S rule
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »
Hey guys, this thread was hijacked. We are meeting up earlier than the afternoon and the rear main is at least a two hour process. So like  I said we can wrench on sunday I want to have fun on sat.
Lets go see what I can break next

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »
Hey guys, this thread was hijacked. We are meeting up earlier than the afternoon and the rear main is at least a two hour process. So like  I said we can wrench on sunday I want to have fun on sat.

do my rear main seal and you can have your thread back!!!!

ok, joking.  sunday sounds good for me.  I want to get some trail time too.  This is my first weekend sice getting on the boat and i'm trying to cram everything in that i can.  I've been working on the heep over lunch to try to get it out of my driveway.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »
You still have the old scrap in your driveway!  I thought you towed that off already?
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 06:08:05 PM »
  I've been working on the heep over lunch to try to get it out of my driveway.

so i heard!  Luke told me
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »

yup, just bones now.  I could probally fit it in a dumpster.  The only thing left i want is the engine/tranny.  need to get ahold of a cherry picker and then i'll be done.  only things left to trow away is tub, gas tank, frame.  everything else is either gone, or i'm keeping.  I'm going to put the red fenders on the tan yj this weekend, so there is a chance I'll be wheeling w/out a front clip saturday!   ;D

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 04:18:26 AM »
i'll make a deal with you: after my interview tomorrow, follow me home, pick up the cherry picker, and take me back to base (i've got to get both vehicles home still).  what do you think?  probably be around 2ish (or i can go to they gym and do it at 4).  Give me a call!

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »
i'll make a deal with you: after my interview tomorrow, follow me home, pick up the cherry picker, and take me back to base (i've got to get both vehicles home still).  what do you think?  probably be around 2ish (or i can go to they gym and do it at 4).  Give me a call!

DUTY TODAY!  >:(
AFTER SCHOOL.

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
do you still have the steering stuff on that old YJ....
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 05:12:21 PM »
do you still have the steering stuff on that old YJ....

some of it... what you need?

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 09:00:35 AM »

yup, just bones now.  I could probally fit it in a dumpster.  The only thing left i want is the engine/tranny.  need to get ahold of a cherry picker and then i'll be done.  only things left to trow away is tub, gas tank, frame.  everything else is either gone, or i'm keeping.  I'm going to put the red fenders on the tan yj this weekend, so there is a chance I'll be wheeling w/out a front clip saturday!   ;D

Nubblet, Erik has my cherrypicker and you are more then allowed to use it. All you have to do is give him a ring.... MSG me if you need the digits, hommie!

word to your motha
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville