Author Topic: Contractors and or Architect in Southern CT?  (Read 941 times)

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
Contractors and or Architect in Southern CT?
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »
I'm in the process of figuring out a master bedroom/bathroom remodel.  Currently have 2 bedrooms that I want to convert over to a Master Suite.  Anyone have any good contacts for a contractor in the area?  Is it worth having a architect come in first?

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
Re: Contractors and or Architect in Southern CT?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:26:07 AM »
Are you removing a load bearing wall between the 2 bedrooms to make 1 master? I did this at my house and it was fairly simple. I also have a friend who is a contractor who helped do my remodel. I also removed the wall in between the kitchen and living room. We used an LVL between both cut and hung into the joists. If you are going to the meeting on Tuesday remind me and I will talk to you about it.
Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:55:49 AM »
Chuck and I have both used a guy named Tim for work around our houses and he does good work.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 02:12:28 AM »
Tim has a full time job and does other contracting work on the side, he does live close to you though. I have another buddy Fred, who owns Anchor Home Repair and does very good work also. Fred is the guy who helped me with a LVL's and cutting into to existing floor joists. Let me know, I don't believe you need an architect just a contractor that knows there stuff.
Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.