Author Topic: Hey Guys  (Read 1894 times)

Offline VetMedMCK79

• Trail Passenger
Hey Guys
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »
I moved to CT last July from FL to buy a veterinary practice in Ledyard. I was really bummed when I couldn't find good places to off road at first. I even ending selling my previous Jeep.  Only a few weeks later realizing that I am a Jeep guy at heart and bought a 2012 Rubicon. I was referred to you guys from one of my employees husband. I hope one day to get my Jeep dirty up here and see you guys out on a trail.

Mike

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Hey Guys
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:01:07 PM »
Welcome to the board Mike.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 03:51:47 AM »
Welcome, Mike!    Let's go wheeling!
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
Welcome aboard!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline VetMedMCK79

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 12:03:38 AM »
Mayhem,

Just let me know when :)

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 04:09:32 AM »
Welcom to the forum Mike & to some of the best legal wheeling in New England. We grow a lot of rocks out here so be prepared for a lot of rock rash on the frame. All I can say is hope you have really good skid plates.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline VetMedMCK79

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »
With the exception of my lift and tires, my Jeep is stock....what would you recommend I do to prepare for the rocks?

Mike

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
With the exception of my lift and tires, my Jeep is stock....what would you recommend I do to prepare for the rocks?

Mike

First up is a belly up skid plate system for the TJ
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline VetMedMCK79

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »
I have 2012 Unlimited Rubicon, a TJ model won't fit, will it?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
No, TJ model equipment won't fit as far as I know, but Skibum wheels a JK so maybe he knows something that I don't know since I've never owned one. You will want some type of plating under your rig though. I know some guys relocate the evaporative canister or put a skid around it. Rock sliders with rails that stick out a few inches help keep the rocks out of the lower sections of doors when your tipped to one side or the other. I'll let the JK guys give recommendations on brands, etc. since I've never looked up those parts.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:36 AM »
Sorry!!!  My bad. Don't no what I was thinking. Though you had a TJ.
I have the synergy compleat HD skid plate system. I like it alot but if I was to do it all over again I would go with the Clayton skids. They look much easier to remove for service. Mine are a pain to remove. I did relocate my evap canister to above the rear axel with the Kilby system. I'm very happy with that. You can also just put a skid plate on it but you have to do something with it because it is just asking to get hit by something. Just remember the jeep project will never be done. Jeep means "Just Empty Every Pocket"

Offline Rampage

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
  • PROJECT RAMPAGE 08 Rubicon JKU 10 Ton axles ;)
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 01:12:26 AM »
Welcome abord!!

Btw I defiantly agree with both of them about skids, we have a defender on 33s with heavy duty springs (roughly +2) an on r last trip we bent some stuff underneath, but we got it all fixed an now have full protection underneath. Def worth the money.
08 JKU
Stock motor/trani/4:1 T-Case
AXletech 4000's😜 5:63's Locked
Double Triangulated 4 link
46x15.50R20 Goodyear MVT's