Author Topic: CB's  (Read 998 times)

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
CB's
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
So as I was driving into work today I passed a built up cherokee pulling onto the subbase. It got me thinking, most of us have cbs but rarely use them off the trail.  What if we pick a dedicated channel while cruising around town.  We might get to pick another up and chat, harass or just say HI.  I looked on Jeep forum and found a thread about this.  One guy thought channel 4 would be good bc we are all 4x4's.  So what do you guys think, any interest in running channel 4 as JT4x4's dedicated channel?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: CB's
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »
The question is going to be, how often will we be close enough to each other to talk and how many of us have CBs that actually work that don't just put out high pitch squealing or static. Even going to Mohawk it seemed like only about half of the rigs with CBs could even talk to each other. I've never had anything, but trouble with my CB so I'm going to go with a handheld so I can have a mount in my truck and move it back and forth.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:46:15 PM »
yea the guy with the squealing cb is a jerk.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »

hahaha ;D
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 06:52:06 PM »
How about chanel 10. That is what we usually go with on the trail. I dought I would de able to pick up any of you guys in New London. If you send your CB out to certin people they can bump up the wattage above the standard 4 watts then you can talk for many miles depending on weather.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
LOL
 I think it has something to do with you antena spring cause when you pulled out of the gas station going to OFR I noticed you were braking up as the antena started rocking back & forth. Could be loosing your ground conection. Very important.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts