Author Topic: Wrench Day  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Wrench Day
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »
Bob and I will be working on installing Sue's Air compressor this Saturday at my house. If anyone wants to show up and get something down on their rig just let me know!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline JKJon

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Wrench Day
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
Sounds good. If I don't have my daughter I am there. I'll do my front diff cover and I have a fox steering stabilizer I would like to try and rig up. What time you guys starting?

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:57:14 PM »
We'll be starting early but need a few hours uninterupted, why don't you swing by 11:30 or so, we'll probably get some burgers from the local market for lunch.
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline RPM79cj7

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:17 AM »
WRENCH DAY??????????????? WE DONT DO WRENCH DAYS.     IVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THINGBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline JKSue

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »
How many JT members does it take...

Seriously, I can't thank you all enough. Jeep people are the best, none of this would be possible for me without you guys. I hope I at least fed you good. :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:06:40 PM by JKSue »

Offline JKJon

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »
The food was great Sue! Thanks. It was a good day of wrenching. Great pic too  ;D

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
WRENCH DAY??????????????? WE DONT DO WRENCH DAYS.     IVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THINGBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look what you started!!!!!!!

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »
Seriously, I can't thank you all enough. Jeep people are the best, none of this would be possible for me without you guys. I hope I at least fed you good. :D

It was a long day!
Sue's jeep;
* Complete dual battery tray install, you'll notice that we let all the air out of tires which make it much easier to work on! (smart thinking Bob!) This was a custom install that required the tray to go in and out several times to get the compressor and everything to fit!
* ARB compressor and all the wiring which required some of the dash to come out and Sue had us install the switch on the A-pillar which looks great!
When we were finally done, we had a check engine light on, this was our biggest fear as we had to disconnect a lot of wiring and remove the fuse box to install the tray. after rechecking all the connections we found one wire that this idiot forgot to hook back up! its all good now!!!! it looks like it was installed at the factory!
* Both diff covers swapped out.

Jon's jeep
* One and a half diff covers, some other idiot over filled a diff and had to drain it back down, lol
* Track bar repair!
* Steering stabilizer removed new one installed, remove new one because of clearance issues, repair and reinstall old one, it seemed so easy at first, lol

and install a muffler on my jeep!

While Sue couldn't help much with any of the work she certainly made up for it by keeping us well fed and hydrated! She did help with the technical side, any time we had a question she found us the answer on her phone!

Offline RPM79cj7

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 12:53:50 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA If you glance at the picture up there rock it looks like your checking your hair in the mirror BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA