Author Topic: Rock's broken locker  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Rock's broken locker
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »

Ok, so I had some issues during Fla Vac!

This is a LockRight locker, its about four years old and it's out of warrenty.  I seem to have broken the gear around where the pins lock in and there may be some rounding on the side gears, hard to tell but you might see it in the second pic at the bottom. There was no damage to my ring and pinion so I called up ECGS and they only had a Spartan in Stock for $300, they gave me free shipping for being a repeat customer. I'll be installing it tomorrow, should only take me an hour or so as I already have it all apart!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Rock's broken locker
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 04:32:15 AM »
I was going to ask if you had any carnage from the trip, but I was trying to stay positive that you wheeled and didn't break anything. ;) With as many rigs as Jt had on Florida Vacations there is bound to be someone with carnage.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline DirtyJeep92

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 96 XJ HP44/9" 37s chopped caged.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
wow lucky the gears didnt take any damage. lets see how long this lockright will last  ;D
ED 2

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
The Spartan locker when in pretty easy, been driving around to "break" it in and it is noticeably smoother, the jeep does not lurch around like the lock-right did and it is a lot less noisy. I had the lockright in for 4 years, still think it should have lasted longer! Tested it in the woods and it works great so outside of fixing the seat the Bob broke the other day, I'm ready for this weekend! Sorry no pic's of the new locker, when I start working I just get-her-done and always forget to stop and take a pic!!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
I dont uderstand how the seat broke cuz Rock is such a mellow wheeler.   ::)
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
I dont uderstand how the seat broke cuz Rock is such a mellow wheeler.   ::)

LOL, I did get the seat fixed! althought it's funny that it was only the passenger seat that broke! LOL