Author Topic: TC output shaft  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Coqui

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
TC output shaft
« on: October 11, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
Looking for TC output shaft for NP231J?
05’ Jeep Wrangler (TJ) Sport, IL6, AEM Brute Force Air Intake, Rough Country 4” Suspension Lift, Tom Wood's Custom Rear Drive Shaft, Advance Adapters SYE, 33” Goodyear Dura Trac w/15” Black Rock Rims, Banks Monster Exhaust.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: TC output shaft
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:58:02 AM »
Are you looking for a SYE kit and CV drive shaft or a stock cone and stock shaft?  I have a box full of stock shafts and cones from doing SYE kit installs.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Coqui

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:12:30 AM »
Stock shaft for now.....just to get my Jeep back on the road....w/out vibration.

it is easy to replace the stock shaft?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:01:35 AM by Coqui »
05’ Jeep Wrangler (TJ) Sport, IL6, AEM Brute Force Air Intake, Rough Country 4” Suspension Lift, Tom Wood's Custom Rear Drive Shaft, Advance Adapters SYE, 33” Goodyear Dura Trac w/15” Black Rock Rims, Banks Monster Exhaust.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »

4 bolts and about a half an  hour
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »

umm... I  think you have to seperate the cases to get the output shaft out. but why? vibrations rarely come from the Transfer Case. usually they come from the driveshaft (usually a weight gets knoked off) or ujoints, or yoke.
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 07:31:22 AM »

umm... I  think you have to seperate the cases to get the output shaft out. but why? vibrations rarely come from the Transfer Case. usually they come from the driveshaft (usually a weight gets knoked off) or ujoints, or yoke.

i thought he was talking drive shaft and the slip yoke was bent  the out put shaft on a tcase does not normally bend it breaks due to the hardeness of the metal
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Coqui

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 01:04:13 AM »
My TC output shaft is bent and whobbly...looking at installing adv adapters SYE w/CV DS. Never done this kind of repair on a jeep, just wondering the complexity of the job.