Author Topic: No bus and no start  (Read 5568 times)

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: No bus and no start
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Glad to hear you fixed your no start issue.  The hazard issue is prob just a bad hazard relay.  The hazard circuit is usually kept seperate from other circuits just to make shure it works when other circuits fail.  But in an inperfect world no mater how well an engeneer builds a circuit it can and will fail at one point. ::)
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
The jeep dealer sold me the Crank Position Sensor for manual trans.  Mine is an automatic.   >:(
Also,  I have green colored motor mounts, which I believe are lifted, and seem to be preventing removing the old sensor, as it won't clear the body. Anyone else experience this? 
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:07 AM »
The jeep dealer sold me the Crank Position Sensor for manual trans.  Mine is an automatic.   >:(
Also,  I have green colored motor mounts, which I believe are lifted, and seem to be preventing removing the old sensor, as it won't clear the body. Anyone else experience this? 

I am not familiar with any green motor mounts.  The only ones I am familiar with are M.O.R.E. which are gold and have a big M.O.R.E. sticker, and Brown Dog mounts which I believe are black.  To pull the motor mount if it is in the way is not too bad of a job.  Place a piece of wood under the oil pan and use a floor jack to take the weight of the engine.  Loosen the bolts and keep checking the jack to make sure it has the weight of the engine and the mount should come right out.  Just be carefull with the exhaust, you only have about an inch or so to move the engine. 

It might be helpfull to pull the old one and take it to the dealership since the parts guys are not always the brightest. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »

I am not familiar with any green motor mounts.  The only ones I am familiar with are M.O.R.E. which are gold and have a big M.O.R.E. sticker, and Brown Dog mounts which I believe are black.  To pull the motor mount if it is in the way is not too bad of a job.  Place a piece of wood under the oil pan and use a floor jack to take the weight of the engine.  Loosen the bolts and keep checking the jack to make sure it has the weight of the engine and the mount should come right out.  Just be carefull with the exhaust, you only have about an inch or so to move the engine. 

It might be helpfull to pull the old one and take it to the dealership since the parts guys are not always the brightest. 

Okay.  I got the proper CPS from the dealer now.  Looking into why the old one is hitting the body when I try to remove it, I have found out the I have JKS 1" motor mounts. Guess I am going to have to unbolt them and drop the motor some to get the clearance needed for removal. Anyone got a better idea? 
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »
I don't remeber seeing a 1" Body Lift on your Jeep, so with a 1" MML the space to pull the CPS is gone.  I can't think of any other way to replace it then to unbolt the MML and drop the engine on at least one side.  Moving the engine around seems intimidating, but as long as you always have one side bolted down it is easy.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
That is correct.  There is no body lift.  Guess I am going to try just unbolting the driverside and dropping it a little.
Thanks again.
Greg
Model Citizen