Author Topic: I love when the UPS truck come to the house!  (Read 1952 times)

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
I love when the UPS truck come to the house!
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:13 AM »
I was working on some projects in my shop when the UPS man pulled up with my new Winch for the YJ and a new Dnyomax Cat Back for the XJ  ;D

I guess I know what I am working on this weekend.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: I love when the UPS truck come to the house!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 03:31:06 AM »
Hats off the the UPS drivers. They do a great job.

The UPS driver was not too happy when he was unloading all 5 of my 35's mounted on rims last wk.  Had them delivered to my work and the people in my parts department were cracking up when he was trying to unload them. Can't wait to see him when he is unloading my 190lb rear bumper. Hope to see that before Florida Vacation.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:00 AM »
I was working on some projects in my shop when the UPS man pulled up with my new Winch for the YJ and a new Dnyomax Cat Back for the XJ  ;D

I guess I know what I am working on this weekend.

Exhaust is installed in the XJ.  I had to cut out one spring hanger, but all the bolts came out.  The rear most hanger had rusted away a few months ago, so I had to go to Advance for a new one.  It went on very easy.  I heard it takes about 5K miles to break in and made a decent rumble, now it sound only slightly louder then my worn out stock one.  I thought that the rattle I was hearing before the replacement was the muffler and broken hanger, but now that they are fixed I am hearing that the catalytic converter is ratteling a little.  Looks like I have more work to do.

I also mounted up the winch, but no electircal yet.  I used a mount for a stock YJ, so I had to make a few holes for the lower winch mounting bolt heads to fit inside.  I am going to wire it up tomorrow.  I was going to use the front mouting points on the Optima, but Optima says that loads that pull a lot of amps need to go on the top posts.  I can't find a good reason why, but I will wire it that way Optima says it should be done.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 07:41:59 AM »
you're smart to use the top post. The top is better than the side post, i think it has something to do with surface area, i have heard of guys melting the side posts on heavy pulls. 
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »
Its very commin for the cats to brake apart inside. Installed 2 on my old 94 XJ then installed a straight pipe after the 2nd 1 went bad. If it's OBD2 then you can eliminate the cat with a straight pipe and install an extention on the secondary o2 sensor. In most cases it works because it pulls the sensor out of the exhaust flow tricking the computer to thinking the cat is working fine due to the slow changes in the sensors readings. Not shure where you can get these o2 spacers but I will get back to you on that. I no of a few guys at work who have done this and never had an issue. Im shure that XJ sounds real sweet with that Dnyomax exhaust. Will sound even better with no cat.

Rock is correct on the side post issue because there is only 4 small tabs that contact the battery compaired to the full contact of the top post. A winch draws alot fo amps.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
Its very commin for the cats to brake apart inside. Installed 2 on my old 94 XJ then installed a straight pipe after the 2nd 1 went bad. If it's OBD2 then you can eliminate the cat with a straight pipe and install an extention on the secondary o2 sensor. In most cases it works because it pulls the sensor out of the exhaust flow tricking the computer to thinking the cat is working fine due to the slow changes in the sensors readings. Not shure where you can get these o2 spacers but I will get back to you on that. I no of a few guys at work who have done this and never had an issue. Im shure that XJ sounds real sweet with that Dnyomax exhaust. Will sound even better with no cat.

Rock is correct on the side post issue because there is only 4 small tabs that contact the battery compaired to the full contact of the top post. A winch draws alot fo amps.
Advanced auto has a 20% discount deal and I think I am going to get a universal cat for $125 (before discount)  and just weld it in.
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:35 AM »
I picked up a new Universal Catalytic Converter yesterday and finished in the install today.  I would have been done yesterday if I didn't run out of welding wire.  No more rattle, and it feels like I gained back a few horsepower.  When I got the old one out I could tell that the wleds inside had all busted and the it clunked around.  A lot of dust came out of it too.   ;D
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 05:23:37 AM »
I have the Dynomax on my TJ.  PO said it was the quietest exhaust, other than stock, out there. It is new still, maybe a thousand miles on it. Sounds like a stocker to me.
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 04:13:02 AM »
I have the Dynomax on my TJ.  PO said it was the quietest exhaust, other than stock, out there. It is new still, maybe a thousand miles on it. Sounds like a stocker to me.

Dynomax muffler need to "break in", which I hear takes 3-5K miles.  Mine definatly doesn't sound stock, but you might have a differnt style muffler.  The one I have has a nice throaty sound when I get into it, but I hear the mud terrain tires more on the highway then the exhaust. 
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT