Author Topic: Silver Lake Sand Dunes  (Read 2249 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Silver Lake Sand Dunes
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
My old club in Michigan had their annual Father's Day run at Silver Lake this past weekend. Thought I would post up some pics of their weekend. The dunes are always a good time. They did a trail ride on Friday and hit the dunes on Saturday and Sunday.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:29:52 PM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: Silver Lake Sand Dunes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:07:14 AM »
Very nice pics. That Grand Cherokee could have used some rocker protection a wile back.  ::)
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:53:51 AM »
Pretty cool, I would never have guessed it was MI

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:12 AM »

I know, looks like the south west or something.  And it looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks for sharing!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
John from CheapThrills Offroad just posted a few videos from the day as well. I used to be part of that club also and the two clubs have done this combined trip on Father's Day weekend for 7 or 8 years now. Here is the vid of a race from boundary to boundary across the dunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv9zZm-0PEA&feature=relmfu

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:26 AM »

I know, looks like the south west or something.  And it looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks for sharing!

this is on the west side of the state, we have nearly every type of wheeling here  ;D i can't go to the dunes because i have a 4cyl and not enough power to actually have fun
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »
i can't go to the dunes because i have a 4cyl and not enough power to actually have fun

Yes, with a 4cyl you'd need really tall gears to climb some of those hills in the soft sand. The red TJ with the Subaru cowl on the hood is sporting a Chevy fuel injected 5.3L chevy out of a newer Chevy truck.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 03:56:48 AM »
i can't go to the dunes because i have a 4cyl and not enough power to actually have fun

Yes, with a 4cyl you'd need really tall gears to climb some of those hills in the soft sand. The red TJ with the Subaru cowl on the hood is sporting a Chevy fuel injected 5.3L chevy out of a newer Chevy truck.

eventually i'll get an amc 360 then i'll go  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.