Author Topic: Local Sand Blaster  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Local Sand Blaster
« on: April 09, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Anyone have any experience with a sand blaster that you would recommend in the Groton, Waterford area?  I picked up a used bumper/tire carrier and the power coating is peeling and it's a little rusty.
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Local Sand Blaster
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:42:08 AM »
I'm actually looking for the same thing.  If you find one, let me know.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »
For the price a sandblasting place will charge you, your better off buying a small sandblaster at harbor frieght or a place like that to do something like a bumper. It will be a small investment, but I bet you'll use it a ton once you have it. And abrasives are cheap if you get them at a steel place. I did my entire frame with a small unit from there. When I have something large to be blasted, I use Logan Steel in Meriden. I know its a bit of a hike for you but they are good.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »
so I dropped off my bumper to a guy down the street from me and he said it would take an hour. so how much can he charge for an hour? I'm thinking $35 or $40, after I get it in the shop he tells me he gets $80 hour!!!!!

JohnC was right, I should have just bought a Harbour Freight unit and did it myself!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:29 AM »
I have a sand blaster, it's just a nozzle that you hook up air to and a rubber hose that runs to the sand and it works decent. I havent played with it to much. I should be in the next few days I'll post pics of I get a chance