Author Topic: wheeling feb 26, 2012  (Read 1833 times)

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
wheeling feb 26, 2012
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »
 50 degrees in february? How could you not be wheeling today? Awesome day with only minor damage. Serious rockcrawling even though pictures DO NO JUSTICE for the situation. Cant figure it out. they never do. Anyway other than the usual scrach and dents, only ripped off one fender flare, and caved in right rear corner of bed.Pretty good. One thing for those of you out there running wall mart batteries.  my  Optima yellow top battery got jolted so hard on an obstacle today it somehow jarred itself free from its hold down bracket and flipped over completely upside down and landed right on top of my header.  I finished the hill climb like this and kept driving for about five minutes. Then I parked to watch someone else climb the hill and noticed antifreeze pouring out of my engine bay. popped the hood and noticed the battery upside down burning on the exhaust, and found it knocked out my coolant overflow line. Reconnected that and put the battery back in its place.  The top is melted like hell. unreal... So if you were comtemplating buying one, let this story help you make up your mind. the battery still works like new

Offline Gr33NGoph3R

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
Re: wheeling feb 26, 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »
Nice pics looks like it was a fun day

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:44:09 AM »
WOW. Nice pics. Looks like you guys had a blast.

I had the same battery issue in my 79 Chevy Step side 20 yrs ago but the battery fell into the fan when I was climbing a sand hill at over 5000 rpm's. Was a 2wk old Sears DieHard & did not survive. I do agree Optima batteries are some of the best out there but still would not have held up to the meat grinder I sent mine through ::).      & yes it needed a new fan.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:14:45 AM »
Where's this at?  :P
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline JohnC

• Trail Queen
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:20:51 AM »
its real good. And trust me when I tell you, these pictures make the rock obstacles look like pebbles. That was some huge shit. We coulda taken a million other good pics but its just hard to keep stopping on the trail.  there is a lot more there too.