Author Topic: paint  (Read 3616 times)

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
paint
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »
so eventually im going to repaint the CJ. just going to do a spray paint job since the body is pretty beat up and just going to wait til it falls apart and replace the whole tub. was thinking doing a camo scheme since i am no expert painter. so that bring up which colors to do.
green camo
white camo
orange/red camo
blue camo
or pink camo

honestly was thinking the pink camo because i know that NOBODY else has it around here and lets face it, we all wanna stick out abit.  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
Re: paint
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:11:21 AM »
so eventually im going to repaint the CJ. just going to do a spray paint job since the body is pretty beat up and just going to wait til it falls apart and replace the whole tub. was thinking doing a camo scheme since i am no expert painter. so that bring up which colors to do.
green camo
white camo
orange/red camo
blue camo
or pink camo

honestly was thinking the pink camo because i know that NOBODY else has it around here and lets face it, we all wanna stick out abit.  ;D

do you really need to ask just go for it pink fits your personallity perfectly
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:12:00 AM »
I always like solid Olive Drab CJ's.  If I was going to rattle can one, that is what I'd do.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »
I know you young guy's like the flashy colors but I like Bill's idea, the flat olive drab is cool on jeep.
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »
I always like solid Olive Drab CJ's.  If I was going to rattle can one, that is what I'd do.

as a camo or a solid color?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 12:30:38 AM »
Solid!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline submrnman

• Trail Queen
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:08 AM »
X2 on solid drab olive

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 03:11:08 AM »
When I wnet looking for my YJ, I really wanted the Olive Drab Sahara, but I couldn't find one in good shape.  I settled for the Kaki Drab, which has grown on me.  The owners manual states "DO NOT WAX"  ;D
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:14:51 AM »
NO PINK YOU DON'T HAVE AN OPTION YOU ALREADY THOUGHT OF IT BE DIFFERNT
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 11:06:51 PM »
NO PINK YOU DON'T HAVE AN OPTION YOU ALREADY THOUGHT OF IT BE DIFFERNT

;D olive drab might be cool too. originally was thinking flat black and getting stainless accent pieces for it but this body is not in the greatest shape so im not really concerned about how it looks. just want it all one color.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
Solid Olive Drab with stenciled white lettering on the hood.  Make it look Gov issue.

It looks good.  I put a little thought into doing mine that way, but I just like the current green too much to cover it up.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »
Here are a couple pictures of my old CJ7. I bought it with this pale yellow color and after I flipped it on it's side and had to replace the windshield frame I painted it semi-gloss black with rustoleum. I did that paint job with a roller. Never picked up a spray can.

I didn't realize I still had pictures of my other CJ7 on Photobucket. Here's a pick of what a CJ7 looks like when it's painted blue.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:01:18 AM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 03:06:21 AM »
Here is a link I had saved a while back.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/rattle-can-paint-jobs-702988/index2.html

Scroll down to post number 23 on there.  Its a roll on job as well. 

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
never thought about doing it that way. did u just sand it afterwards?
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 11:54:12 PM »
Here are a couple pictures of my old CJ7. I bought it with this pale yellow color and after I flipped it on it's side and had to replace the windshield frame I painted it semi-gloss black with rustoleum. I did that paint job with a roller. Never picked up a spray can.

how many cj's did u have?
1982 CJ7-stock