Author Topic: weld on beadlocks  (Read 2639 times)

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
weld on beadlocks
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:32:56 AM »
i found someone with a set of weld on bead locks and all of the hard ware what do you guys think and how hard is it to install?

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: weld on beadlocks
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
you have 31s. dont waste your money. thats my .02
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
You know what I mean Andy, for other applications such as when I advance to a larger size.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
not hard from what i read i am still deciding on doing some diy beadlocks or just get some recentered h1's

my only thing is diy's are only a single bead lock and others are a two piece bead lock
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
true but for 200 isnt bad when its 66 a wheel from great lake offroad.. im still thinkin about it and even if i only get 33's ill still have the option of increase to 35's when i get my new axles

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:41:32 PM »
Remember that real bead locks are not leagal for the street, so you would need to have 2 sets of rims and tires if you want to keep your Jepe legal.  In this area, I wouldn't worry about it, but I don't know how much I would chance it driving to more distant trails.

I personnaly have been running a 15x8 rim  with my 35's and I only popped a bead when I went down to 4 lbs.  I typically run 6-8 lbs with no problems.  I also have OBA, so I am not too concerned with popping a bead.

Just my 2 cents.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:35:56 AM »
Run the cheapest steel wheels you can, don't air down too much, pop a bead here and there and reset it like Kirk said. You have seen it happen to me, and that was probably the only time it has ever happened. Wheel the crap out of it and don't look back .
W.O.J.

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
H1 beadlocks are the ONLY street legal beadlocks available.  Any piece of equipment that comes standard on a factory equipped, available to the public consumer, built vehicle, must be DOT legal. The Hummer H1/Military HMMVV had the same wheels from the factory, the civilian models just looked prettier. They are the only s/l beadlocks on the market that i know of. Someone else correct me if wrong.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
Additionaly, very few police officers know the difference between simulated beadlocks and real ones. Just sayin...
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
I here the RaceLine beedlock rims are DOT leagal. There is a large Thread on JKOwners form about Street Leagal BeedLocks & it seams it comes down to the taper on the bead that makes them DOT approved but then that seams to be a big question. I don't feel an Officer is going to pull you over just for your rims & even give you a hard time about your rims when he pulls you over for something else. The only time the rims will become an issue is if you were involved in an accent & the investigation felt that the rims were a cause of the crash.

What I have herd in the threads is that a big concern with beedlocks is the bolts come loose alot due to the beed on the tire moving alot caused by the designe of the rim. RaceLine & some other Rim Manufactors have solved this problem but these rims are very expensive. I am very interested in the RaceLines but at $300 a rim I think I will have to wait. Again this is only something I have seen on the JKOwners Thread so if anyone has actual proof that there is no streetLeagal beedlock rims out there besides the H1's then please let me no. I am also very interested in Beedlock rims.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 02:29:53 AM »
Why are beadlocks illegal?

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 04:09:57 AM »
I hear the Spyderlocks are legal to. They have a recessed bolts on the locking ring and are some of the strongest on the market. Super pricey though. $375 a piece.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Because politicians are giant pieces of shit and they think they need to make laws for no apparent reason, so they can feel like they have accomplished something but the only thing they have honestly done is take your freedom that soilders have died for.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »

Because politicians are giant pieces of shit and they think they need to make laws for no apparent reason, so they can feel like they have accomplished something but the only thing they have honestly done is take your freedom that soilders have died for.

lol
W.O.J.

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:03 AM »
bump 2 flex....

word