Author Topic: has anyone put in a SYE??  (Read 3429 times)

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
Re: has anyone put in a SYE??
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
thanks for the help guys. and i do have the np231 in it i swapped it from awd and changed the input gear cause the size. cant wait to get the 7" long arm kit , but i gooda but the sye and i would assume a drive shaft.
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 05:57:15 AM »
Yes, you absolutley must buy a SYE and a new shaft to run 7".  Holy bejesus thats alot of coil.  Who are you going through for your lift?  Clayton, Rock krawler, and TNT customs make some badass ZJ gear.  Pricey, but worth every dime. There' shit's bulletproof.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 04:49:35 PM »
what size tire are you running with that lift. i am assuming since u haven't said anything about an axle swap ur lift is way to high
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »
i agree with flex. You can roll 35's MAX on those stocker axles, unless you gotta lead foot. you'd be safer stayin on 33's withy a 5.5 inch lift, either way, still run an SYE.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
im gonna get the lift from ironrockoffroad its the 7" premium long arm kit. i will prob roll oin my 33's cause there brand new then matbe 35-37 if possible. wouldnt mind doin some axle upgrades but i havnt learned a hole lot about that yet unfortunately.

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 10:00:36 PM »
iron rock off road has a dana 30 axle truss looks nice but im not sure if that is gonna do a lot

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 12:42:19 AM »
thanks for the help guys. and i do have the np231 in it i swapped it from awd and changed the input gear cause the size. cant wait to get the 7" long arm kit , but i gooda but the sye and i would assume a drive shaft.

Yes you will need a new drive shaft with a fixed yoke.  Tom Woods is a great company, but you can also go with the local shop Montville.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 01:24:57 AM »
Dont put money into those stock axles!!!  If your gonna do it, do it right from the beginning.  That's why the only thing I've done to my rig in a long time is the steering   Troll pirate4x4.com and keep your eyes open.  There are literally thousands of write-ups on lifts, driveline changes and axle upgrades/swaps. If your gonna roll 33's, your factory diffs can handle it, even locked,  if your easy on the throttle, but a 7" lift? That'll throw your COG to the moon. you'd better think about a cage being that high up. Just kidding, slightly.  Also, don't worry about truss'in the D30 unless you plan racing this thing in the JeepSpeed challenge or King of The Hammers.  Also watch craigslist and Pirate4x4 in the "for sale" section of their' forum. people are always ditchin their junk for bigger stuff. I've seen probably 3 or for TJ and JK D44's go for next to nothin just this month alone.  Not sayin D$$'s are gonna be the best longterm option if your gonna roll 37's or something, but they will last longer than transmission if you only run 35's or smaller, plus, other than a 8.8 rear end out of a Ranger or Explorer, they are probably gonna be the easiest to modify for you ZJ's needs.  That rig does not need 7"s of lift unless your going to roll 35's or bigger.  Not trying to piss in your cherios dude, but i'd really hate for you to put in all the $ and time to just be disappointed with the finished outcome.

Another $.02 from The Bank of Swagger.

PS. Read EVERYTHING you can on pirate4x4.com. The yahoo's that post their junk on there are stupid talented at what they do, and there's so much info there that a person could build a no-shit, all jokes aside comp rig from start to finish on their first ever build, AND compete with the other rigs in the amateur and pro-am lines of competition.