Author Topic: slider install  (Read 1165 times)

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
slider install
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
ok so im puttin on my sliders tomorrow and i noticed that my pinch seem on the passenger side is well... almost none resistant.... how vital is that for the slider to mount up to... how should i mount it up if i cant really access the pinch seem.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: slider install
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:59:25 AM »
I thought you were supposed to go see Nate about that?, just weld the friggen things up to the frame, they aren't going anywere. mine connects to the pinch seem once and i have hit plenty of stuff with them.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:04:14 AM »
yea i was supposed to but obsiously i didnt... i wonder if he will be home tomorrow i could bring them with me and i could get my shirts lol

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »
to be honest i havnt put mine on yet because the pinch seems are rotted a bit. but this guy thats dating my aunt has a body shop and im bringin it down there to get repared. you could always just cut some off and weld new metal on to bolt to. but i was lookin and on ours the pinch seem area for the sliders is important, and gives more strength for the sliders and helps it from the force on  the frame and tweekin in., maybe some time when you have time if you wanna stop by and we can meet and check out eachothers jeeps let me know im usually around durin the day, just let me know. thanks
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 02:19:08 PM »
I would take the time to fix the pinch seam a little bit before installing them. I don't think it would make much difference for impacts from the bottom of the Jeep, but the pinch seam adds a lot of strength if you are going to be standing on the sliders at all.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
im gonna see if i can adjust the pinch seam a little to get at least 2-3 mounting points on the slider. my seam isnt really non existent its just kinda bent up and such.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
I know when I installed the same sliders on my XJ not all the bolts on the pinch seam mounted very well due to bends in the seam. I straighted it out the best I could before attaching the sliders and had 3-4 bolts on the pinch seam on each side if I remember right. Once mounted, they were very stout.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 11:13:34 PM »
Mike I may have time later in the week to look at it just let ne know when u wanna come by.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline zjchef25

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
i will... i havent had much time either.. ive been meaning to get ahold of you...