Author Topic: 2011 Suspensions  (Read 1615 times)

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
2011 Suspensions
« on: September 14, 2010, 02:55:43 AM »
My brother is looking at buying a 2011 Wrangler.  They have several different types and he is wondering what the differences are between the sport, mountain and rubicon.  We know that the sport doesn't come with the Rubicon Suspension but does the Mountain?  What are the benefits of buying the sport over the Rubicon and vice versa?  Can you help us out here?

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: 2011 Suspensions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:34:57 AM »
I'm not sure about suspension, and I've never heard of the mountain but, the rubicon is always the best and it comes stock with lockers.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:46:38 AM »
The Rubicon is the only one with Dana 44's, lockers, 4.1 t-case, sway bar disco's, rock rails, performance suspension

The rest have dana 30 fronts 44 rears and shift on the fly t-cases and...
Sahara = 18" wheels and painted fenders
Mountain = badges, tube steps, embroidery, stickers
Islander =  badges, tube steps, embroidery, stickers
Sport X = vinyl seats and small tires

What does he intend to do with it? Wheel it as is? Build it up or drive it to work?

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:07:07 PM »
Daily Driver/Wheelin.  The same thing I use mine for.  I have encouraged him to look at the 2TS package.  I have been telling him that nobody complains about the Dana 30 front axle like they do about my Dana 35 rear.  I was concerned about the rear axle on the new ones until I saw that the Dana 44 is standard now.  He doesn't care about the flashy stuff.  The only extra that he would like is the Sirus Satellite Radio and he is considering adding that himself.  He has also asked about the skid plates that are provided and how good they are.  As far as performance goes, I wish I had video of me on Gutter so I could show him what a stock suspension is capaple of.  Will, I might have him call and talk to you because you have a good head on your shoulders and I feel you offer sound advice. 

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
Lol...

For what a rubi cost he could buy a real nice, never wheeled, low mileage 2000 - 04 TJ add 10k worth of stuff and buy a 8 - 10k Daily driver.

You can now have the dealer add all kinds of off road accessories to a new Jeep and add it all to the purchase price but you would spend less and get better quality stuff if you did it yourself.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 05:21:59 AM »
just tell him to get an lj or tj put a 1" body lift flat belly skid lots and lots of armor 2" lift long arm high line run 36's and all that can be done for less than the price of a new jk
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »
i agree with all the above statements if he just gets something jeep/truck and puts his own bolt on parts on it, its going to be way cheaper and way better performance.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »
He is going with the base jeep.  He wants the new one so there is a warranty.  I am hoping the he comes back to the area, even for just a short time, so he can wheel with us. 

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
The warranty is not all that it is cracked up to be if you do any mods they can void the warranty one of the guys down here had the stealership install a set of stock rubicon coils and tires on his x and they voided his warranty 
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/