Author Topic: Door Switch  (Read 1123 times)

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
Door Switch
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:54:51 AM »
I have a broken door switch on the drivers side door.  I want to replace it but I can't find it anywhere.  What should I look under.  I have been looking for a "Door Switch".  Am I asking the wrong question?  Is it called something else? Just to clarify, this is the switch that when you open the door the lights come on.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: Door Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:01:27 AM »
I have a broken door switch on the drivers side door.  I want to replace it but I can't find it anywhere.  What should I look under.  I have been looking for a "Door Switch".  Am I asking the wrong question?  Is it called something else? Just to clarify, this is the switch that when you open the door the lights come on.

Don't remember what year your rig is, but try this,

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JAU&Product_Code=MB155
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:44:58 AM »
With summer coming up you don't need the door switch anyway. You want to take the doors off. I don't know if I even have those on my Jeep. I just turn my interior lights on by twisting the headlight switch.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »
They are listed as "Door Jamb Switches"  I ordered two.  I plan on rigging a by-pass for when I take the doors off, like today.  So nice today riding top down and doors off.  BTW, semester ends mid may so I will start making meetings and will no longer have Saturday classes to interfear with outings

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:41:53 AM »
Found the switches here

http://www.jeepoemparts.com/