Author Topic: Welded diff........? what the...  (Read 990 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
Re: Welded diff........? what the...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:01:50 PM »
.... im confused. ???
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »
.... im confused. ???

just for clarification when u weld ur diff ur supposed to weld the spider gears together, thats the gears in the middle of the carrier that will give u the open diff action. what ur not supposed to do is weld the ring gear to the pinion that will keep ur drive shaft from turning ur axle shafts and wheels. This is pretty funny.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:54:04 AM »
yeah thats an old one,it was floating around the threads awhile ago. I'm pretty sure if you look the guy up he's been wheeling for years and did it as a joke.But the reaction from people at the time was great.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:35:05 AM »
I've seen threads where the guy who did it confesed to doing it to mess w/ people.  Good joke!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work