Author Topic: Roll Call for October trail run October 3rd  (Read 5559 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Roll Call for October trail run October 3rd
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2009, 02:05:52 AM »
We still cannot go past committed. Apparently from what we heard today you have to go down committed and back up committed and we are not to go around it

wow!  that sucks :(  good stuff past there.  I'm not sure i would want to go down commited, but i 'need' to go up it, again.  Commited was my inspiration for clearencing my bed!

Jeremy, if want to the next time we go there we'll use a winch and back your Taco down Commited so you can try to come back up. The last I had heard is that the area past the top of the hill was closed so we did not venture past there, but we did walk down to Commited so everyone could see it.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 02:28:47 AM »
winch down instead of up, that would be funny, but I would SO do it!!  Any one up for a week from Sat?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2009, 03:43:13 AM »
We still cannot go past committed. Apparently from what we heard today you have to go down committed and back up committed and we are not to go around it

wow!  that sucks :(  good stuff past there.  I'm not sure i would want to go down commited, but i 'need' to go up it, again.  Commited was my inspiration for clearencing my bed!

Jeremy, if want to the next time we go there we'll use a winch and back your Taco down Commited so you can try to come back up. The last I had heard is that the area past the top of the hill was closed so we did not venture past there, but we did walk down to Commited so everyone could see it.

there was some confusion about going past there a while back when we ran into that other club. they said that it was off limits. axle was supposed to talk to toxic about it but toxic was out of town or something. i don't know if he ever talked to him or not.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
winch down instead of up, that would be funny, but I would SO do it!!  Any one up for a week from Sat?

A week from Saturday would be the 17th and we currently have a cruise day scheduled for that Saturday. I'd be willing to go back up there again though.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

So how did you do with the stocker TJ???

I have nothing to be ashamed of.  I made it to the top of MaBell.  I also only had to use the side trail once.  Even then it wasn't until I gave the obstacle several good tries.  I feel that if it hadn't been raining I would have conquered that obstacle as well.  I look forward to the November run and also look forward to putting the MaBell kill sticker on the side of the TJ!  I will admit though that in the beginning of the trail I did wonder if I had bitten off more that I could chew.  NOPE!
This was taken about mid way up.  I am the orange TJ in the middle.