Author Topic: Where to Go  (Read 824 times)

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
Where to Go
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
I started a new topic because I didn't feel it was right of me to highjack the meeting thread for this.

Kirk, The only reason I went to the places I went is because I don't know where to go.  That is why I am looking for a group that does it regularly, so I can ride without pissing anyone off.  I don't think you are being an A-Hole and it is for the same reasons that I have sought this group out. I am looking for guidance.  So please guide me in the right direction.  I am willing to take advise from anyone who is willing to give it.  What time is the ride on the 12th?  If it is an evening ride I think I can make it.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Where to Go
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »
Chuck, you have the right attitude when it comes to wheeling and you're in the right place to get guidance on where to go. The trip on the 12th will be a day trip. We'll probably leave around 8:30am and return around 4pm. I talked to Will last night and we are going to try to get a time put together to get some of the new guys that aren't members a chance to wheel outside of the set club runs.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: Where to Go
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »
Chuck I was in the same boat as you about a year ago, I didn't know where to go.  A year later and I have wheeled 10 (I had to take the time to count them up) legal trails in the CT and MA areas.  I know we have a few guys with near stock Jeeps that are looking to join and I know that Will knows some decent trails that can be done with a stock Jeep.  When the club gets something set up we will post it to the General Forum and let everyone know the date/time/ meeting place and rig requirements.  We don't post where the trail is, or the name to protect the trail.  For all trails some type of tow point is required, a fire extinguisher, and good battery tie down.  Stuff like full size spare, tools, fluids, spare parts, tow strap etc... are highly recommended and even required for some runs, but a newbie run usually just requires the basics. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT