Author Topic: steering  (Read 1027 times)

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
steering
« on: August 27, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
Hey guys I have a question on stearing. I've had an alignment don't and the jeep doesn't pull in any direction what it does do is when turning left it starts turning normal until I get to a certain point then it feels like it loosens up and cuts hard to the left. Going to the right seems fine. Any ideas?

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: steering
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
my lawn mower does that, though its for a left turn.  The right guide rod for the deck has snapped off allowing the deck to pivit some to the left, where it will hit the tire at a certian amount of turning.  Check that.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »
Check your tie rods.  Sounds like one is sticking.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

wilksp

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »
Hey guys I have a question on stearing. I've had an alignment don't and the jeep doesn't pull in any direction what it does do is when turning left it starts turning normal until I get to a certain point then it feels like it loosens up and cuts hard to the left. Going to the right seems fine. Any ideas?

So it feels like you to much power steering??  The flow valves inside your steering box probably need more time to "settle" I know you just put in the new box, so just drive it out and you should be ok.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
is that you paul?  Did you change your name?