Author Topic: Hi, from Michigan...  (Read 1346 times)

Offline yj93

• Trail Passenger
Hi, from Michigan...
« on: August 08, 2009, 06:07:38 AM »
Just thought i would pop my head in and introduce myself.  I have been a lurker on the board for a few months now.

My name is Tim, and Roger is a good friend of mine.  He has been my wheeling wing man for the last three years now, until he moved.
He suggested I register and post up my project...

I have a well used 1993 Wrangler nicknamed the "Chicken Jeep"that has morphed into a hybrid over the last few months.
Here are the specs:

1993 Jeep Wrangler
Cammed 4.0 HO
AX-15 with center force stage I clutch
np231
Warrior products trail corners and rockers
sanden OBA conversion
cragar soft 8's 15x8 4" bs
33x12.5 ProComp X terrains
Pavement ends sunrider soft top
Koz Customs off road rear bumper

Hybrid begins:
"New" 1997 TJ Chassis
"New" 1997 d30/d35 4.10 open/open
3.5" BSD coils f & R
4" rough country lift shocks
Teraflex BPE F&R
3/4" custom t-case drop
2006 TJ front bumper w/end cap delete

Here are the build pics starting 3 years ago:

Day I found it:

After I put it back together:

Stage 1:1" body lift

Stage 2: 4" Rough Country Spring lift & 31s

Stage 3: 33x12.50s

Then I cracked the frame and the hybrid began:
Stage 4: Zero miles 1997 TJ rolling Chassis

I was being a good samaritan:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 06:12:43 AM by yj93 »

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Hi, from Michigan...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
Hey Tim, good to see you over here. I know you've said you've been reading the board for a bunch of months. Paul, when Tim and I went to look at that Jeep for the first time it was sitting in a barn full of chickens and turkeys and there was a chicken sitting on the hood. It has been known as the chicken jeep ever since.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline yj93

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »
No, the only body mount that is the same is the rear two.  the front ones just needed to be re-drilled, and the center 2 had to me re-configured all together.  It was easier to move the body mounts on the tub than it was to cut and move them on the frame...  We just scabbed in metal to the bottom of the tub, drilled new holes and bolted her down.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »
Nice Jeep.  There are a lot more suspension choices and upgrades for the TJ, but you still get the classic look of the YJ, and more important the YJ dash. ;)  So when are you upgrading the D35 to something a little stronger? 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline yj93

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:40:12 PM »
Nice Jeep.  There are a lot more suspension choices and upgrades for the TJ, but you still get the classic look of the YJ, and more important the YJ dash. ;)  So when are you upgrading the D35 to something a little stronger? 

I really like the look of the YJ, and the ride of the TJ...  the best of both worlds.  As far as the D35 goes, its a zero mile axle, i'm gonna leave it alone for now...  I have some major engine work to do after my last trip to the sand dunes, I pulled the head and discovered a bent pushrod, and several collapsed lifters...

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 03:29:06 AM »
I really like the look of the YJ, and the ride of the TJ...  the best of both worlds.  As far as the D35 goes, its a zero mile axle, i'm gonna leave it alone for now...  I have some major engine work to do after my last trip to the sand dunes, I pulled the head and discovered a bent pushrod, and several collapsed lifters...

ouch.. :o
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline yj93

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 04:10:38 AM »

ouch.. :o

Ouch is right, I'm looking into a replacement motor since the one that is in it has around 170k on it...

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 04:55:24 AM »
i like the sand dune pics i was just there (silver lake where they do the mac wood dune rides) prob about a month and a half ago. i was visiting my gf parents who live right outside muskegon.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline yj93

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:38:10 AM »
i like the sand dune pics i was just there (silver lake where they do the mac wood dune rides) prob about a month and a half ago. i was visiting my gf parents who live right outside muskegon.

I like the dunes too, my wife and I usually go twice a year, this past trip I wasnt able to take my jeep,i had to take a friends quad, it was fun none the less...  We usually stay in the Yogi Bear Jellystone there near town...