Author Topic: hi-lift mounting...  (Read 935 times)

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
hi-lift mounting...
« on: July 31, 2009, 05:21:32 AM »
so, i just tried mounting my hi-lift with U-bolts, and its not tall enough for the holes to go to my roll bars and line up with the bolts... however, i put it on the wheel well (seeing as i am driving the unlimited with the extra cab space) and zip-tied it to the hard top bolt holes, its a PERFECT fit, the wheel well is supporting the weight and the zip-ties are holding it to the side, it seems to work well and it stays out of the way completely, only thing is if in need, i will have to cut the zip-ties, but that's what they r there for and i have plenty more, so i figured i would post this info, just in case anyone has similar issues for mounting their hi-lift!
i will be returning the U-bolts tomorrow... unless anyone wants them, i paid 20 something for the set, $15 to any club member, they are brand new, interior dimensions are 3 1/8", that will fit snug around roll bars with insulation, i have extra over sized washers to go with them... let me know!

thanks for the info kirk
 8)
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: hi-lift mounting...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 05:50:59 AM »
I still vote hood lol
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:45 PM »
the bed works well, oh, wait, you guys don't have any room in jeeps!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
personally i like to bolt mine to the steering wheel.  it's always within easy reach if you need it, doesn't take up too much space, and allows you to park it with no fear of the truck running away, it doubles as a club!!

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:34 PM »
L M F A O
2010 mazdaspeed3