Author Topic: Allow me to introduce myself...  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Matt73C104

• Trail Passenger
    • Myspace
Allow me to introduce myself...
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:43:08 AM »
Hey everyone  ;D

Name's Matt. I'm out of Waterford. Some of you may immediately recognize me by what I drive, meaning those of you who were at Ocean Beach on the 13th.

It's a 73 Commando. Not something you see everyday for sure, only 20,000 and change were made. This one has the factory 304 V8 and TH400 auto. This bolts to a Dana 20 xcase, and it has the stock 30 front and 44 rear, with a posi in the rear. Not too many hardcore mods, there is 3" front and 4" rear lift in it, just enough to tuck 31" AT's. The lift comes from custom (and $$$) Alcan Springs. There's a soft top on it, which is a "safari style" in which the windows and rear fold up, making it look kinda like a safari 'rover. There are some go-fast mods, which include an Edelbrock Performer intake, matching Performer carb (junk), HEI, and that's all I can think of. Other nicnacs include a center console out of an earlier model Jeepster, Smittybilt seats, and that's it period. Interesting story behind it, but I'll tell later since you probably aren't even reading this. Now, a pic since the threads useless without 'em.

I'll admit to ya right now this thing is NOT wheeled hardcore. It takes the light trails like a champ though lol. Out of the 7 I've owned. this one was by far the nicest without any body rot. This one's actually kinda under a "resto", because it's so 'nice'. But, it HAS been to NC and GA, with an interesting trip through some woods in GA. My second best (down to 3, pretty good number I think!) is currently sitting in the yard with no drivetrain besides stock axles. This one has major plans for when I'm out of college. They include Waggy full length axles, 360 V8, TBI, TH400, stock Dana 20 again with twin-sticks, no top or doors, full cage, the works. If only my budget would allow.

Just a quick thank you to those of you who were at the Ocean Beach cruise night for telling me to join up.
Matt
1973 Jeep Commando: AMC 304V8, Small 4" lift w/ Alcan Springs, STC "safari" top, Edelbrock intake, many others.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
Re: Allow me to introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:56:32 AM »
wassap man... saw you at ocean beach... i'm adam, welcome
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:57:51 AM »
That is SWEET!
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:45 AM »
you should have been there, that rig is nice
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:22:56 AM »
Glad to see you posted up so quick.  I had the Kacki YJ at Ocean Beach.  We have a meeting tomorrow night at calvinandhobbs (Roger) place.  If you send him a PM he can send you the address/directions.  You have a nice rig and we do run some trails that you would enjoy with your current set up.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:28:56 AM »
Welcome aboard Matt. I wish I could have been at the cruise, but I had an online seminar for class tonight. I have a friend with a couple Commandos back in Michigan and they are fun to just cruise in. I'll send you a pm with my address. If you can make it to the club meeting at my place tomorrow night that would be great, but I understand the short notice thing.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Matt73C104

• Trail Passenger
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:02:19 AM »
Thanks yall for the warm welcome and compliments  :D

Depending on where it is, I'd definitely love to come. She doesn't agree with the highway too much, but I know Groton pretty good, so I may be able to find it.
Matt
1973 Jeep Commando: AMC 304V8, Small 4" lift w/ Alcan Springs, STC "safari" top, Edelbrock intake, many others.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:00 AM »
Just sent you a pm Matt
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Matt73C104

• Trail Passenger
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »
Got it. Thanks
Matt

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
Welcome!!!  Beautiful rig!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

PaulW

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
Das a nice commando though.

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 02:14:07 AM »
Allow me to say, I am FAR from a jeep guy, but THAT is nice!!!